Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Brom go back to 2nd

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
West Brom 0 Wolves 0

So West Brom now 2nd - same points but better goal difference.

West Brom's next 2 fixtures:

Away at Argyle
Away at Parkhurst

Big chance for us this week for us to get ahead

Comments

• Options
    Good weekend for us as we made up three points on Bristol and Watford and two on WBA and Wolves.
  • Options
    also 3 on Ipswich. We must now push on and got some points at home so come on everyone get right behind from the 1st minute to the 90th.
  • Options
    I'm gonna save my cheering until injury time :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SXAddick[/cite]I'm gonna save my cheering until injury time :-)

Going to turn up with 44 mins gone watch the first goal and then stay in the bar until the 4th official put the board up at the end of the game. Why bother with the other 89 mins? : - )
  • Options
    lol it will be funny seeing the East stand arriving with ten minutes to go rather than the other way around!
  • Options
    need to sort out the goal difference thers is far better
  • Options
    I really feel like we've scored more than 24 in 17. Our goals against looks good though compared to those around us.

Perhaps now the defensive confidence is growing we will start to put them away at the other end. Although Weaver had to make a few decent saves, on the whole I felt happy with our defensive efforts on Saturday.
  • Options
    Right, Sco. Even though Weaver had to make a few saves in the 2nd half at Preston, they were mainly shots from distance.

That usually gives a keeper a much better chance of good positioning if he can see shots coming.
    It also means the defence are doing a sound job if opponents generally can shoot only from outside the box.

For all Preston's 2nd half pressure, they never really looked like scoring.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

except when the preston no.7 got behind basey and shot from 5 yards out only for weaver to produce a magnificent reflex save
  • Options
    Sure, ooh aah. But I'm an Addick and see only what I want to see.....(!) ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

except when the preston no.7 got behind basey and shot from 5 yards out only for weaver to produce a magnificent reflex save

That was an excellent save (and a very good cross that Basey didn't/couldn't deal with) but other than that they were all saves you would expect a good keeper to make. Certainly the PNE keeper made some good saves from ZZ (or ZiZi as the OS calls him) and others.
  • Options
    Both WBA'S strikers now out.

Phillip's still out and Ishmael Miller now out for 4-6 weeks with knee injury.
  • Options
    Phillips is supposed to resume training this week - just in time to be fit to play against us in a few weeks ...... (!)