Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

D. Bent

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Watched Westham and Spurs last night on tv. I must say that watching Bent play in the 2nd half he looks so low on confidence and no where near worth 16 million not even 5 mil. Is it the way spurs are playing him for he looked lost to me.

He looked worlds better for us and was. Yet he now gets picked for England, makes no sence. Maybe Our plan is working which was have them sign him for the season for bucket loads of money, he then has a very poor season which he is, we go up and then rebuy him for under 5 mil and he comes home very happy. Who knows?

Comments

• Options
    Someone said to me yesterday that Marcus has played more this season than Darren, and that's disgusting. What a waste of a huge talent.
  • Options
    That would have been me mr Medders, and indeed what a tragic waste of talent.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ah yes it was.

Got to the bottom of the messages... Scott had his phone apparently... a right pair of melts!

Put a few of yesterdays ruggers photos on my website if you're interested.... www.duplicateimages.co.uk and go to 'Your Images' at the top of the page
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_in_perth[/cite]Watched Westham and Spurs last night on tv. I must say that watching Bent play in the 2nd half he looks so low on confidence and no where near worth 16 million not even 5 mil. Is it the way spurs are playing him for he looked lost to me.

He looked worlds better for us and was. Yet he now gets picked for England, makes no sence. Maybe Our plan is working which was have them sign him for the season for bucket loads of money, he then has a very poor season which he is, we go up and then rebuy him for under 5 mil and he comes home very happy. Who knows?

Just shows you two things a think.

1. being a big fish in a small sea is easier for confidence than being a small fish in a big sea
    2. confidence (or the lack of it) is the key to playing well (or badly)
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Ah yes it was.

Got to the bottom of the messages... Scott had his phone apparently... a right pair of melts!

Put a few of yesterdays ruggers photos on my website if you're interested....www.duplicateimages.co.ukand go to 'Your Images' at the top of the page

Is that safe? I don't want to be giving my laptop any AIDS like computer illnesses
  • Options
    Scott Parker all over again when he went to Chelski!
    Change of managers and all that!
  • Options
    if you aim at nothing you will hit it but if you aim for the moon you may hit a star.....
    can't blame anyone for having a go
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Ah yes it was.

Put a few of yesterdays ruggers photos on my website if you're interested....www.duplicateimages.co.ukand go to 'Your Images' at the top of the page

Is that safe? I don't want to be giving my kaptop any AIDS like computer illnesses

Kaptop? Mate, it won't give you anything you havent already got...
  • Options
    What are you talking about kaptop? You're evidently very tired and exhausted and seeing things.

In that case I'll have a butchers hook. E-mailed the ripper this morning for you ;-)
  • Options
    Going to spurs was a stupid decision considering that they already had berbatov, keane and defoe and there were strong rumours at the time that jol didn't want him.

I agree that it's a terrible waste of his talant but he's only got himself to blame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AGREED
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]if you aim at nothing you will hit it but if you aim for the moon you may hit a star.....
    can't blame anyone for having a go

I don't blame him for wanting to better himself. Perfectly happy with that. I have a problem with his decision to go to Spurs bearing in mind their strength in the striking dept. West Ham would have been a better option for him at time. I feel sad for him but not too sad bearing in mind he earns more in a week than most on here earn in a year.
  • Options
    What a waste or talent

But im sure he is not to upset as his bank balance is huge
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]What are you talking about kaptop? You're evidently very tired and exhausted and seeing things.

In that case I'll have a butchers hook. E-mailed the ripper this morning for you ;-)

You sly old dog!

Cheers mate. Let's hope she turns up this time!