Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Racon and Moo2kil

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
..Out of favour or holding them back for the latter part of the season...?

Comments

• Options
    out of favour, at the moment this well oiled machine(last 4 games anyway) appears to be running well, so it aint broke so we don't need to fix it
  • Options
    wouldn't say out of favour more that they are behind Mills and Samedo in the pecking order. Can't really argue with that on performances.
  • Options
    Both young players, and surley the are ones for the future, and that they will be given oppertunities as and when they arrive
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]wouldn't say out of favour more that they are behind Mills and Samedo in the pecking order. Can't really argue with that on performances.

Can't argue about Mootoo, he was unlucky. He got injuried and his replacment has played a blinder, that's football but surely Racon is more worthy of a place on the bench than Matt Holland?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]wouldn't say out of favour more that they are behind Mills and Samedo in the pecking order. Can't really argue with that on performances.

Can't argue about Mootoo, he was unlucky. He got injuried and his replacment has played a blinder, that's football but surely Racon is more worthy of a place on the bench than Matt Holland?

Agreed
  • Options
    Barn Door - That was my thinking regarding Racon but it might be argued that Matty would be better defensively.
  • Options
    Moo2kill is still a bit wet behind the ears and perhaps a bit too attacking minded when playing with Jerome. But for what I've seen of him, I think he has a tremendous future ahead of him.
  • Options
    We're a very young team, sometimes when holding onto a lead it does no harm to have an old head in the middle of the park who has seen and done it all before, especially if the senior centre midfielder (in this case Reid) is blowing out his arse...

I thought we were looking a bit panicky when the ball was beeing thrown into the box in the last 10 mins. Holland might not uproot trees but he'll hold onto the ball and keep it rather than hoofing it back to them in a blind panic. It was noticeable that we started holding onto the ball a bit better and the pressure lifted when Holland and Ambrose came on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Barn Door - That was my thinking regarding Racon but it might be argued that Matty would be better defensively.

I seem to recall that when we first signed Racon he was touted as a defensive midfield player.

Either way I'd still rather see him on the bench than Holland. Personally I don't think that Holland could defend a packet of sweets from a stroopy toddler and has long since had his best days.
  • Options
    Might as well play Devil's advocate - Pards said the other day that he expects Matty to play a major part in the 2nd half of the season.......