Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premiership or Championship

What do you prefer??

Comments

• Options
    Championship every day of the week, for about 10 different reasons
  • Options
    atleast we agree on one thing AFKA
  • Options
    premiership , where there's no palace and therefore no arguments...
    when i saw spotty parker and darren bent playing on that pitch yesterday it hurt that that quality had left our club
  • Options
    premiership all day long. i hope one day we will return to the promised land.
  • Options
    What do I enjoy more - Championship all day long
    What do the club need - Premiership all day long

I certainly wont enjoy the Championship in 2 years time if we are still here.
  • Options
    If we get promoted, i'm pretty sure i won't be 'into' it as i haev been for the 15 years, and see the chance of me doing half as many away games as extremely slim. But that's just me, and i expect the majority to have a different view.
  • Options
    Im with Southend
  • Options
    Premiership - and we'd still be there if Liverpool put out their 1st team against Fulham, and the F.A new their own rules!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]What do I enjoy more - Championship all day long
    What do the club need - Premiership all day long

I certainly wont enjoy the Championship in 2 years time if we are still here.

Spot on....loving this season
  • Options
    As Southend said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with Saaaaarfend

Enjoying the Champ, but prefer the Prem and the club needs to be there for so many financial reasons.
  • Options
    the likes of zz and reid will be on their way if we don't get back up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]What do you prefer??

Depends on whether you prefer winning a lot or losing a lot really.The championship has a very 'no pot to pi55 in' feel about it.But this in turn has helped get rid of some of our 'plastic' fratinity which comes with the premier league territory.
    All in all, i quite like it down here but whether i'd feel the same if we wasn't doing so well is another story.
  • Options
    Championship for ever. I hate the Prem and all it stands for.
  • Options
    When you feel in the footballing world, less worthy then Wigan, Reading and Fulham, you know you have to be in the Premier League.

I'm really enjoying this season, but I don't want to stay in this divison any longer then we need to
  • Options
    im more into the championship so to speak. but speaking as a football purist...in terms of watching football (not charlton), you must say the premiership. how can you enjoy watching leicester more so than arsenal at the minute?or liverpool?i hate wnhat the league is all about...but watching match of the day as a neutral is entertaining.
  • Options
    I enjoy being a big fish in a smaller pond, I hate how commerical the premiership is, I hate all the plastics that filled our ground when we were in the 'promise land' and I hate how the money is so unevenally divided.

But I can't say that I prefer the Championship over the Premiership, mid-table Premiership was a hell of a lot more enjoyable than mid table in the old div 1. Premiership all day long.
  • Options
    Its a strange one, I'm loving this season. But you ask many Sheffield United fans if they're loving this season? I enjoy watching MOTD more when Charlton aren't in the Premier League because I don't get the hump that we get 30 seconds of coverage. But then when I was watching the other week a game came on Wigan Vs Reading I think and I thought "well who gives a fuck?" then it struck me that thats what 75% of other football fans have been thinking when one of our games come on so I can see why we don't get much coverage.
    How many of you watch The Championship on Sunday and watch The League 1 & 2 Goals after ours have been and gone? I generally put it on fast forward on my Sky+ and dont give it my full attention thats for sure.
    Back to the question in hand...Premiership, I loved watching my team have the great days of beating the big sides and watching some of the best players in the world at The Valley. Although I also prefer watching players try like Big Chris rather than swan around like Marcus Bent...Who knows!
  • Options
    the quality of football in the prem especially at the top is far superior to the championship but we're in a lucky position at the moment that we still have some premiership leftovers(money and players) that help us look attractive but give it 3 years or more in this league and when the crowds have cut themselves in half and we have a load of average footballers playing for us the not so 'good old days' will be back
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm enjoying the football at the moment but ultimaly we need to get our noses back in the premiership money trough.

When/if we get back up what sort of Charlton will we get though? Will we be the Charlton of 2000 to 2003 when we still had some ambition and got good results by playing football or will we be the Charlton of the last few seasons of the Curbishley reign, with 40 pints as our only ambition ecked out with mind numbingly negative football?

If it's going to be the latter, then give me the Championship everytime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2007
    One thing i'm sure of, if we do go up and keep Pardew, we will attack it in a very different way. I can see him attempting to build a 'mini Arsenal', and it will either go pretty wrong or could see us propelled up to another level very quickly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite], with 40 pints as our only ambition ecked out with mind numbingly negative football?

I know things are bad BDL ,but is drink really the answer!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite], with 40 pints as our only ambition ecked out with mind numbingly negative football?

I know things are bad BDL ,but is drink really the answer!

lol. It would have probabaly made the football more entertaining....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]One thing i'm sure of, if we do go up and keep Pardew, we will attack it in a very different way. I can see him attempting to build a 'mini Arsenal', and it will either go pretty wrong or could see us propelled up to another level very quickly.

I think this is pretty much spot on, for me Pards doesnt seem the type to go out for 40 draws playing awful football then sitting back and enjoying the fact we havent got relegated.
  • Options
    This season will be an enjoyable diversion if we succeed in getting promoted.

If we don't get promoted then the whole future of the club (in Charlton at any rate) could be in real doubt within a few years.

We need to be in the Premiership for footballing and financial reasons.
  • Options
    If we go up, we'll hit the league like he did West Ham in that first season up with Pards
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    We need to be in the Premiership for footballing and financial reasons.

Isn't it such a sad state of affairs that the second point is so true......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Pards doesnt seem the type to go out for 40 draws
    he'd struggle considering there are only 38 games

;-)
  • Options
    If we play like we did ca 2000-2003/4 then the Premiership.
    If we play like we did over the last two seasons then the CCC.

It's good to be a big fish in a small pond, but realistically the Premiership is the place to be, albeit with a bigger squad.
  • Options
    The Premiership for me. The only benefits of being in the Championship, is that you don't get the 8 games a season where you don't expect a result and you are actually competing to try and win something. For the other 30 Premiership games, you feel that on any given day you can get a result. Beyond that playing for 5th - 20th does seem a little odd season in season out, but you can't beat playing and testing yourself against the best.