Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slander

Can somebody help me with the ruling on Slander and measures I can take.A certain high profile member of this board called me a Johnny come lately yesterday,an accusation which really hurt.I was wondering what action I could take against him,I was thinkin along the lines of a 2 hour session with Golfie on positive thinkin.

Comments

• Options
    Have you got witnesses?

It would be easier to prove if he had written on this board and then it would be libel
  • Options
    Yep oh yes.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    What about the 'Johnny go early's'......... can't they libel us as well? :o)
  • Options
    What about the "Go Johnny Go Go Go, Johnny Be Good's"?
  • Options
    Actually I dont think 2 hours with Golfie is a hard enough deterent I'm goin to go for 2 hours of collecting the balls of a McCleod shootin session.
  • Options
    Banished to watch a full length DVD of 3 consecutive 0-0 draws in Curbs' last season.

That'll make you suffer - all over again...... :o)
  • Options
    Surely calling you a JCL is libel rather than slander? 40 lashes....
  • Options
    After consultation with my lawyers, it would appear you haven't got a Heather Mills.

Apparently all credibility to your claim got eroded by posting in the wrong category.

An invoice for my lawyer costs is on its way.....
  • Options
    See what a threat of 2 hours shootin practice does to people makes them consult their lawyers.You should see the insurance claims in the car park since we signed him.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]After consultation with my lawyers, it would appear you haven't got a Heather Mills.

Apparently all credibility to your claim got eroded by posting in the wrong category.

An invoice for my lawyer costs is on its way.....

Dear Sir

As Mr Northstand's legal representatives we demand access to your telephone records. You have claimed that on the night on 26 November 2007 you rang Selhurst Park Stadium for verification of a statement made by our client as to his location during a football match between Charlton Atheltic Football Club (1984) and Bradford City Football Club in 1986

We submit that no such phone call took place and consequently you have libeled our client. We shall be seeking damages of £1m (One million pounds)

Yours

Goontakethemoney & Run LLP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Goontake

what sort of word is that !!??!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Goontake

what sort of word is that !!??!

It's like "go on take the money" but with no spaces ; - )
  • Options
    who said the fans director did fcuk all,long live Henry.
  • Options
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for your letter dated 27th November. Having checked with Companies House, no such company as Goontakethemoney & Run LLP exists, and could be seen as defamation against the well known group Gonnatakethemoney & Run LLP. Like a parking ticket with the wrong registration number, your claim is now invalid.

Your faithfully

Upyoursyoubores & Son LLP
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]who said the fans director did fcuk all,long live Henry.

That's Libel. £1m or you have to write out 1000 times "Izele McLeod is the new Darren Bent"
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Gonnatakethemoney & Run LLP.

SPLITERS!