Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Beattie tonight, plus Sheff U in general

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Will be a very good test of our currently successful centre back pairing.

Never been too sure of Fortune up against a big target man, and i'm not to sure its Sodge's natural style either.

Anyone know why Sheff U have been doing so bad ? They had a decent squad last season, who did they offload other than Jagielka ?

Comments

• Options
    Brian Robson
  • Options
    Gotta say I'm a little worried about Beattie tonight,it will be a right test.
  • Options
    Beattie v Sodje will be interesting but Sam and Jon look like a good pairing.

This could be the first real test for Basey as well if Gillespie plays.

This was their team that lost to Plymouth Saturday.

Bennett, Bardsley, Cahill, Kilgallon, Naysmith, Gillespie (Tonge 58), Montgomery, Armstrong, Carney (Sharp 58), Webber, Beattie.
    Subs Not Used: Kenny, Morgan, Stead.

on paper looks like a useful forward line but not much in defence.

And for all the worriers the big summer buy Billy Sharp hasn't scored a league goal yet while Webber is second top scorer on 3
  • Options
    Don't look much on paper, does it ?

Is Montgomery the thug ?
  • Options
    Think we owe them after last season, the poor away record they had last season has continued whereas we appear to have addressed ours. At Brammal Lane they will be difficult to beat, but I expect us to win tonight.
  • Options
    Surprised Tonge can't even get a start.
    Wasn't he one of their better players last season and expected to be snapped up by a Prem side?
  • Options
    Kilgallon's not bad, Cahill is on loan from Villa, Bardsley from Man Utd. Is that the Naysmith that was at Everton? If so they've all got experience. Then they've got Gillespie, Tonge, Beattie, Webber and Stead so you wonder why they're doing so badly. Has to be Robson really.
  • Options
    you just know beattie will get stuck in elbows flying everywhere , we'll all start booing him and bang he scores one zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

And for all the worriers the big summer buy Billy Sharp hasn't scored a league goal
    still could've been worse for them they could have signed the clown!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    the big summer buy Billy Sharp hasn't scored a league goal yet

..........until tonight!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The same 'clown' that got us a home win against Norwich?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]The same 'clown' that got us a home win against Norwich?
    yep, that's the one who tripped and stumbled his way around the box with the ball sort of near him, the same player who touched the ball once in open play in his 25 minutes on the pitch when we were chasing the game against qpr
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Although he's not exactly set the world alight, i think you're too harsh on him. We could've had Ronaldinho up front against QPR and we'd still have been total shit.
  • Options
    I doubt anyone will change their view/mind but calling Mcleod 'Mclown' is well harsh. And the sort of behaviour I'd expect from a yid not one of us.

He hasn't come out of the block firing that's all.

When he comes on and uses his pace, whether he scores or not he scares the shit out of defences. Hence Norwich, 2 fouls 2 penalties, 2 goals, 3 points
  • Options
    Was in the pub Sunday evening with my badminton mates. Quite a few are blades fans and one has been less than impressed with his team this season - we should win easily.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Anyone know why Sheff U have been doing so bad ?

Spent too much of the pre-season whinging and bleating.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Didnt they lose their mainstay Jagielka over the summer to Everton..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]Was in the pub Sunday evening with my badminton mates. Quite a few are blades fans and one has been less than impressed with his team this season - we should win easily.

Will they make a racket if we do?
  • Options
    I'm expecting us to net three points.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I doubt anyone will change their view/mind but calling Mcleod 'Mclown' is well harsh
    is izale injured cos i don't think he's been in the 16 man squad since the qpr game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no I suspect it's more the case that we are only playing with 1 up front so Varney gets the spot on the bench along with a couple of midfielders, defender and a keeper.

btw, I'm worried about tonight....have a feeling Beattie will score.
  • Options
    Beattie can score - as long as we get more!
  • Options
    Tonight's the night when Jerome Thomas tears them apart.
  • Options
    A side hoping for automatic promotion should score a minimum of two each home game so if he does get one it shouldn't be a problem
  • Options
    I have predicted a 4-0 win for us on the Sheffield forum.
  • Options
    c'mon chaps - castigate giveachyaddick ! when I say something like that I am hounded from pillar to post !

I must say though I agree with him/her. We should be scoring more, esp at home. The Cardiff game shows what should ahppen - get 2-0 up by half time and 2nd half is then (resonably) comfortable.

I predict that we will need to score at least 2 tonight to get anything from the game - stead & Sharp to score for them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]c'mon chaps - castigate giveachyaddick ! when I say something like that I am hounded from pillar to post !

I must say though I agree with him/her. We should be scoring more, esp at home. The Cardiff game shows what should ahppen - get 2-0 up by half time and 2nd half is then (resonably) comfortable.

I predict that we will need to score at least 2 tonight to get anything from the game - stead & Sharp to score for them.

Don't think I'll bother turning up then if they are gonna score twice. 1-0 to the Londoners will do me all day long thank you.
  • Options
    SHEFFIELD STEEL 3 POINTS.

BLADES TOO SHARP FOR ADDICKS

I dont expect these to be tomorrows headlines.
  • Options
    with my ongoing Beattie bet, i just hope its not:

CHARLTON SLICED OPEN BY A BIG FAT BLADE
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]c'mon chaps - castigate giveachyaddick ! when I say something like that I am hounded from pillar to post !

I LOVE YOU GOLFIE!

GO ON, GIVE US A :o)