Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Need as much help as possible from the fans

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
From the OS:

"It's definitely going to be a big occasion, and we are going to need as much help as possible from the fans."

Pards is telling us: Make a big noise and get behind the team!

Comments

• Options
    I noticed the Bristol City manager moaning at the weekend their fans weren't loud enough.

Its a two-way argument, does the atmosphere impact on the action or the action impact on the atmosphere ? If we do our bit though, Pards and the players won't have that argument.
  • Options
    I must admit i'm one of those nervous football fans. who will sit in scilence bitting my nails untill something happens that spurs me on to make some noise... Scares a lot of people, as i sit in silence then jump out of my seat like some one has set fire to it.
  • Options
    To be honest the only thing that seems to get the whole ground up for it is when Mr Mills winds someone up past their tolerance level & the handbags appear, seems to fire even the East & West Stands up.
  • Options
    unfortunately the majority of our support aren't as passionate as most on here for the club so wont be screaming their heads off getting behind the team so we have to live with the fact that our support is ................
  • Options
    we need everyone up for it, right from the off tonight.

Sheff U don't seem a happy camp at the moment, results have been disappointing, supporters are split and not fully behind their manager. This is a team we can not only out play, but with the right attitude out work as well. Get it right from the off and we could do real damage tonight and even Golfie might be happy.

Pay them too much respect from the off, and their confidence might grow as the game wears on.
  • Options
    talk that Robson could get the boot tonight with a decent defeat.....what price Billy Davies replacing him.
  • Options
    Here we go again...all this 'get behind the team....makes some noise' tosh from the club is starting to get really grating now.

I noticed at the Cardiff game a positive atmosphere I haven't felt for a long time and realised we hadn't been 2-0 up and seemingly that comfortable at that point in the game for a long time. The two were definitely linked...I'd hoped the club (and the players) might have sussed that fact too and realised that people are louder and feel better when they have reason to.
  • Options
    Tonight, I shall mostly be booing Zheng Zhi.
  • Options
    Yeah, he's crap........covering every blade of grass, tracking back, involved in nearly every attacking move AND scoring goals.

I suppose we only signed him to sell more shirts. :o)
  • Options
    Talking of sitting and making no noise i was looking at a programme from last season and a picture of a JT goal against West Spam

90% up arms in teh air and some looking like they are at a funeral and im sure only 1 was West Ham fan in teh wrong section

GET BEHIND THE TEAM FFS

or go see the Gills
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Yeah, he's crap........covering every blade of grass, tracking back, involved in nearly every attacking move AND scoring goals.

I suppose we only signed him to sell more shirts. :o)

Yeah but he's one of those foreign players that everyone keeps talking about so its his fault we didn't qualify for Euro 2008. Booooo
  • Options
    I am fully behind the team from the off, but also sit there nervously..can't help it I'm afraid, but just because I'm not singing from the start doesn't mean I don't support the team...
  • Options
    The East Stand Ultras will be outsinging the Covered End again - Its about time the club gave the East Stand Ultras a discount on our seasons tickets and designate it the singing end instead of the North Stand.

East Stand Ultras Rool.
  • Options
    hopefully "the bloke behind me" will be there as we are now another game on, another win and another clean sheet.

His Nostradamus predictions that we would be in serious trouble after another 10 games is getting more and more unlikley as we are almost half way there...
  • Options
    How many points do we need to guarantee Tier 2 safety?
  • Options
    "....we ONLY sing when we're winning, sing when we're wiiiiiiiiiinnnnnning......." :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]"....we ONLY sing when we're winning, sing when we're wiiiiiiiiiinnnnnning......." :o)

pretty true to be honest....
  • Options
    would help if those of you 'ultras' up by the drummer had a word and asked him to go at a slightly slowly beat.

Half the reason people don't join in is because everything becomes a rap
  • Options
    dont forget to sing "your support is f'***ing s***!" to all the london sheff utd fans though.
  • Options
    awesome display from the ultras tonight - east and north.