Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tonights fixures

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Watford should win, but West Brom v Plymouth is a tricky one, and Bristol City and Barnsley have awkward aways.

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Tonight
Blackpool v Norwich
Charlton v Sheff Utd
Coventry v Scunthorpe
Crystal Palace v Preston
Hull v Bristol City
Ipswich v Southampton
Sheff Wed v Barnsley
Stoke v QPR
Watford v Burnley

Wednesday

Plymouth v West Brom
Wolves v Col U

Comments

• Options
    I'd be happy as long as we win as one or both of Plymouth and WBA will drop points.

A draw or PAFC win would suit us but as long as we keep winning the gap will widen.
  • Options
    you look at the table and it staggers me even more Hollowbrain walked out on Plymouth !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]you look at the table and it staggers me even more Hollowbrain walked out on Plymouth !

Money talks!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]you look at the table and it staggers me even more Hollowbrain walked out on Plymouth !

Agree, very strange move as Leicester and Mandaric don't have much patience with managers.
  • Options
    if he took plymouth up there probably wouldn't be much money sloshing around to give them any chance of staying up but milan mandaric would probably give him a bit of ammo to give leicester a fighting chance of staying up
  • Options
    I think it was the money and the facilities at Leicester which turned his head. He was sacked by QPR for talking to Leicester as well.

Still, I'd rather be with a club on the up like Plymouth - the biggest club for miles around as well - than a side like Leicester.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]
    Still, I'd rather be with a club on the up like Plymouth - the biggest club for miles around as well

Who average home crowds of around 12k this season despite enjoying their best season in recent history. Leicester got over 27k last night, which goes some way to telling you why he went there
  • Options
    Really? I thought Plymouth were doing better than that for crowds. Kind of explains it, really! (And meanwhile, they're going for Paul Sturrock...)

Holloway explains himself
  • Options
    gotta cheer on burnley tonight, and palace on saturday... grrr
  • Options
    Never ever cheer on Palace...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we win i don't care about the results around us. it'd be handy if Watford, West Brom etc drop points, but its too early to be worrying about what the other teams are doing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]If we win i don't care about the results around us. it'd be handy if Watford, West Brom etc drop points, but its too early to be worrying about what the other teams are doing.

Agree, if we're picking up Henry's ave 2+ points per game, I don't give one about the others. Besides, we've spent the last 5 seasons looking over our shoulders and at those around us hoping for results, just for a change it would be nice to feel we have our destiny in our own hands.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]If we win i don't care about the results around us. it'd be handy if Watford, West Brom etc drop points, but its too early to be worrying about what the other teams are doing.

Bang on, BFR. If we set out determined to get those 3 points, one match at a time, then we are well capable of putting daylight between us and the West Broms & Watfords. The points soon rack up if you're winning.

If we just focus on our game, it'll be the other teams worrying how to catch us.
  • Options
    We have to concerntrate on guaranteeing 2 tier football before we get carried away with being promoted....Thats the Curbs way!