Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Fans Tonight

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
I thought it was very flat tonight, probably helped by the fact there was nothing to cheer about in the first half. Im not gonna bother with having a go at the atmosphere because weve gone over that before, but I am getting fed up with the twats who sit around me in the north upper who constantly slag off the side! I've got one bloke who's idea to everything is to, 'KICK HIM!!!!' and another who constantly shouts 'OH MY GOURD!!!'. They never have a good word to say about the players and im getting fu**ed off with it!! Tonight we didnt play great, but i thought we were the better side and three attacks from United gave them three goals, if Zheng had put that chance away it would have been a different story. I also have an bloke next to me who whines on and on and said he wont be here saturday, i said dont worry i'll be here, every time he comes we lose anyway!! Im getting more and more wound up with them which I know I shouldnt but does anyone else see where I'm coming from??

Comments

• Come and have a go, if you think your hard enough, and its "oh my gould" ;) and the bloke that sits next to your is your Dad, bit of respect sonny, bit of respect, Lol
  • i know what your mean, then again i sit in the east stand, so all the moaners have left by 85th minute. most went at 80ish today.
  • We have moaners in the North Upper too!
  • I thought the fans were OK but the team was total crap

simple as that really
  • Fans were OK in H block except that prick who moaned at me for getting behind the team???????????????????????????????????

See if i see you Saturday mate your for it end off you know who you are blue jacket green top

People good or bad get behind the lads stop whinging

RED ARMY

CAFC
  • edited November 2007
    I've got a blue jacket and a green top and I know who I am. Are you offering me out?
  • I'm there as a supperter, hence there to SUPPORT the side not run them down for playing the ball backwards whilst retaining posession (fucking idiots) We were by a mile the better side but as was said, they took they're chances, we didn't. Just one of them days, could have been a lot worse.

I know it was a gambling tactical change but do people realise how much we miss Semedo when he's not there now??
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'm there as a supperter, hence there to SUPPORT the side not run them down for playing the ball backwards whilst retaining posession (fucking idiots) We were by a mile the better side but as was said, they took they're chances, we didn't. Just one of them days, could have been a lot worse.

I know it was a gambling tactical change but do people realise how much we miss Semedo when he's not there now??

I actually thought Holland did ok when he came on tonight I'm not his biggest fan but did well in my book. I don't think we particularly missed Semedo on this occasion. I like Semedo think he's a good player but I don't buy into he's a MUST starter.
  • Very true, however we have come to rely on him doing all the messy work, and making the messy work look good. But you are right. Holland did the simple things well he wasn't helped by reidy having a bit of a forgettable night but when you set your standards that high.....
  • I think thats half our problem a lot of the time. Certain players...Mills/Reid/Zheng especially have set such high standards consistantly that when they do have an off game the other players see it and maybe it has an effect. Plus the fans who "Love to Moan" jump on it straight away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Could not agree more, in fact if only we had 19,000+ members on the site we could all just bring it together a bit more and be slightly more realistic.

We're not a big club and I like us the way we are, lets not turn ourselves into the fizzy pop yids eh?

We are a consistently over achieving club with good (it used to be) support and has a board full of fans. Let's not take it for granted.
  • I wouldn't say we were the better side,both were evenly matched and they did a job on us.Matched up to 4-5-1 and whoever got the first goal was always likely to win.Terrible challenge from Thomas what the fcuk was that all about.
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Fans were OK in H block except that prick who moaned at me for getting behind the team???????????????????????????????????

See if i see you Saturday mate your for it end off you know who you are blue jacket green top

People good or bad get behind the lads stop whinging

RED ARMY

CAFC

where was they standing as opposed to where were then, i didnt see that!!
  • [cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite] every time he comes we lose anyway!!

playing vets footy on saturday i only get to the midweek home matches or when the vets haven't got a game on the saturday .
    i've missed four home games we won 3 drew 1 and lost none
    the five home games i've seen we won 1 drew 1 lost 3
    bad news the vets aren't playing saturday;-(
  • I've got some friends down from Burnley who'll be coming to the match at the weekend, my girlfriend will also be sat in the away end with them. I think she struggles to see why I HAVE to go when Charlton are at home and as I sat there last night I realised that once she's seen it herself it'll probably be even harder to justify (not that that'll change anything of course).

It just reminded me of when I took an American friend of mine to a game at The Valley a couple of years after we returned, on the way there he was very sceptical of 'soccer' but even though it was a bit of a nothing game and he didn't really understand it anyway the atmosphere was electric, amusing chants and the buzz under that old covered end was incredible - he went away in awe of English football.

Where did it all go wrong?
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite] every time he comes we lose anyway!!

playing vets footy on saturday i only get to the midweek home matches or when the vets haven't got a game on the saturday .
    i've missed four home games we won 3 drew 1 and lost none
    the five home games i've seen we won 1 drew 1 lost 3
    bad news the vets aren't playing saturday;-(

I`m pretty sure your not the guy CrispyCAFC jr is talking about, as the guy walked passed me and Crispy snr, I couldnt help but notice the smell of stale pi55. ;)
  • I knew there was a reason those jeans were in the washing basket!
  • sounds like CharltonDan to me
  • There was someone booing the team off in the 1st half somewhere behind me. We had just won 4 in a row and we were a goal behind and there's someone who thinks that deserves to be booed.
    The amount of moaning/ranting round me dressed up as informed tactical comment grows with every game.
    If we had won 5-0 that bloke would prob have booing it wasn't 6.
    People make mistakes, and sometimes we don't play as well as we might. Some people cannot seem to understand or deal with it. How about some people stop effing moaning every time a player doesn't effing dribble past 10 players and score, and please don't effing keep saying " It's basic stuff Charlton" when they don't quite manage an overhead kick from the halfway line.
    It wasn't a great result but we really could be sitting a lot worse.
  • "the atmosphere was electric, amusing chants and the buzz under that old covered end was incredible - he went away in awe of English football.

Where did it all go wrong?

They built the North Stand mate....Id rather have three thousand Charlton fans in the South, 25% of the West handed over to the away fans...that would drastically improve the noise levels from the singers....but hey....it aint gonna happen is it.
  • Sponsored links:

• probably not but maybe Henry can ask the question?