Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheff Utd away support

edited November 2007 in General Charlton
Was very poor I think!

I think I was closest when I said they would just about fill 3 full blocks of the south stand!!

What do you reckon 700?

The amount of yorkies that live in London and the surrounding areas you would have thought they would have bought more?

Comments

• I thought there would have been a few more and a little more vocal
  • about 200 more than we would have up there on a Saturday eh OOhAAh ?
  • Ghe how many addicks live in Sheffield? thats the point Terry is trying to make.
  • Al,
    I was just getting ready for OOHAAH's daily away support comment mate :o)
  • lol. I thought the same as you at first but then thought how many last night had actually travelled down from Sheffield. The team that has impressed me most for away support so far were Plymouth.
  • They had two muppets near the front, one in a home shirt and the other in the away shirt, that i found highly comical.

If their was a doubles competition for 'singing as passionately as you can, whilst flapping your arms around and pointing furiously', they would win by a country mile !!
  • lol I was watching them as well. Also something happened behind the South Stand towards the end of the first half with stewards rolling around the floor and someone being taken away in a police van.
  • They were amazing!! the one in the away shirt nearly took off at one stage.
    Speaking of that away shirt, i seem to remember a certain Afka of ours admitting to loving that as a kid.
  • "the one in the away shirt nearly took off at one stage" lol. I loved the way he kept turning around to the other supporters with arms out wide and they were ignoring him!
  • fewest Blades I've seen at the Valley
    expected a lot more
    £20 must be the cheapest away entry in the Championship, is that correct?
    for one of the best grounds against the 2nd-placed side
  • Sponsored links:

• Was a poor turn out but where as to Plymouth or Scunthorpe coming to Charlton is a big game it's nothing special for Sheff U fans.
  • It was also a Tuesday night.
  • so they brought a couple of hundred less than we did to chelsea in the league ...but it's £50 and chelsea's the other side of the river blah blah blah... we are in no position to take the pee out of anyones away support ffs .. rose tinted charlton blinkers removed we all know the truth
  • Well said ohhahhmortimer.

Some people have very short memories.

Massive games such as Everton away last year, yes it was on a Sunday but the club offered coach travel for £10.

We took about 5/600 ffs.
  • us digging out others away support week in week out is just laughable....and embarrasing, we have a couple of half decent turnouts this season and think it gives us the right !

IF we were to go up this season, our away support would once again go back to the crap that it has been for the past 4/5 years (except for the odd 'Operation' or freebie!)
  • i think its a more a case of thinking they would have more, not aving a go..
  • Is our £20 for away fans the cheapest in the league?
  • we would have taken more to preston if it was made clear of the reduced price.
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]we would have taken more to preston if it was made clear of the reduced price.
    good point and it was live on telly and i think the temperatures have dropped recently so it is cold out and christmas is not too far away and if we start to win more away i'm sure it'll encourage more to travel away
  • I can't work out if some of the comments on this thread are for real or not or whether some people are just having a little giggle.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was surprised at how few Blades turned out....I think 700 was a bit on the generous side, they were pretty spread out and my guess on the night was around 400. Not knocking anyone, before anybody gets rattled...just a comment. Agree with another poster...Plymouth's support was magnificent. Some teams have traditionally excellent away support....Newcastle, Pompey etc....some dont...us for instance...its just an observation.
  • Indeed, OohAah's repititive posts are getting more than a little tedious

the point a few posters were making was that given Sheff Utd traditionally have a very good away support (much better than ours for example) it was surprising how few were there on Tuesday
    I expected at least 1000 bearing in mind the number of Sheffield exiles who work and live in London and the fact that £20 for one of the better grounds in the division against one of the top teams is quite an attractive prospect
  • Perhaps they have been subjected to pizz poor football and just couldn't be arsed.
  • So Sheff Utd had about 700? We had around 700 for the away match at Bristol. About par for the course on a cold Tuesday night.

After we played Plymouth, my Greenie Argyle mates told me their 1700 fans were made up from about 500 London ex-pats(!) and 1200 travelling on the road. To them it was like playing a cup match against a Premier side - a big scalp. So everyone was up for it.

Last season the Greenies took 3,000 away to Birmingham City - similar type of fixture to them - but that was on a Saturday. They said they would have taken 3,000 to Charlton if it hadn't been on a Tuesday night.

Maybe Sheff Utd would have brought many more for a Saturday fixture?
  • [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Indeed, OohAah's repititive posts are getting more than a little tedious
    sorry