Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Positives from today

Was indoors by 5 o clock.

Utter shat, dont know much else other than lump it up to big Chris or put a cross in to the far post to big chris.

Why dont we run at teams though the middle, Varney Vs Unsworth for pace should be a no brainer?

Just glad we aint playing teams like Chelsea or Arsneal at the moment because I dread what the scoreline would be.

Comments

• Options
    So question is are we kidding ourselves that we can go straight back up? Its a long season and we play a lot of games but have we the heart?
  • Options
    One positive is that I couldn't go!
  • Options
    Me too - only downside is that its a bit early for a beer!
  • Options
    Never too early after a result like that!
  • Options
    I have got to work this afternoon and evening - that has turned out to be a +ve
  • Options
    They are good enough players, better than the Burnley players, better than the Sheff Utd players, Better than the Plymouth players but they have ALL played better football than us AND played it in the right way, they ALL looked dangerous from set pieces. We aint got much off an idea how to do either.

Do you blame the players or the coaching staff?
  • Options
    bit of both really , how can Ambrose ever get a game ? we are playing a team with a centre half who is about 17 stone yet we don't play lloyd sam and wait until the game is dead before bringing on McLeod.

Defending from set pieces is still a joke and how can someone with the experience of danny mills be so stupid as to give that penalty away then moan about the decision
  • Options
    they had more on the bench than us,we have no threat up front to bring on,although what the fcuk was that performance about,why drop semedo?where was Thomas?was he injured?We won 4 on the bounce,we lost midweek so what,why panic today.Sorry the team didn't play well but Pards didn't help.
  • Options
    i'm normally a happy soul, but its getting very frustrating. Our squad and management are currently under-perfecting, still giving off the impression we are better than the rest, but repeatedly not going out and proving the point.

We also looked like we through in the towel after the penalty, players and manager. There was still over 20 mins left as well.
  • Options
    why leave it 8 mins before any changes and surely bring on McCleod and when you do don't take off another forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    going 3 1 down with twenty odd minutes to go, and still not make a change. If i was those subs, i'd be sitting there thinking this guy has no faith in us.
  • Options
    You don't win matches by allowing teams free headers from fee kicks TWICE! and needlessly handballing in the penalty area.

That said the referee missed a blatant penalty for the smother tackle on Iwemulo.
  • Options
    when are we goin to learn you have to fight for right to play football in this league.That apart I looked the like of Andy Gray at this level and Kyle Lafferty impressed me hugely.And Powelly didn't look fit and shouldn't have been thrown in.
  • Options
    we might get another season playing exciting football.
  • Options
    surely Gray should have been booked for his celelbration of the penalty , what was that all about ? Lucky he didn't get a coin in his boat from the lower
  • Options
    come on thread thats toot this isn't exciting we haven't performed at home all season.When have we put someone to the sword for 90 mins
  • Options
    Strictly Come Dancing is more exciting than that shyte today
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]surely Gray should have been booked for his celelbration of the penalty , what was that all about ? Lucky he didn't get a coin in his boat from the lower

What like the mugs givin Kiraly the bird when are you twats goin to realise it only inspire's people,you are Pricks.
  • Options
    Its all a bit doom and gloom here. To have come away from the last 2 home games with no points, conceding 6 goals, including 2 stupid pens is a bit of an injustice. We played the best football in both games but were not clinical in our finishing when it mattered most and naive at the back. Perhaps 12 points from the last 6 games is a more accurate reflection.

But Pardew has much to do to transform this squad into serious automatic promotion contenders and I dont much fancy the premiership with this lot. I think I would rather forego the freebie season and properly rebuild for the longer term.
  • Options
    Or

5 points off the Championship lead
    81 points still up for grabs
    2 lead teams yet to be played home or away

and

we havent played that well so far..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imissthepeanutman,

Stuff the football, I love your username ; "Peanuts, Peanuts, tanner a bag!"

He once fell over on the east stand and my old man picked him up, as a reward for his help he gave my old man a................peanut!

I kid you not!
  • Options
    My vivid recollection of that era is also of this chap who used to permanently berate the linesman. He used to stand on the edge of the penalty box and give some real verbal as he moved up and down the line. It was incessant but the guy was really witty.
    Doubt it was your old man!!!

Aagh Happy days.
  • Options
    Hopefully spending a frustrating 90 minutes on the pitch with Holland will show Reid what a captain needs to do. Namely that maoning constantly at the ref and then getting the hump and deliberately scything down an opponent is not really what he should be doing.

The most annoying thing is that two instances of our defenders playing musical statues and mills playing volleyball cost us a game when weaver had very little to do.

we are still playing pretty football but unfortunately it is in slow motion.
  • Options
    I noticed Iwelumo tracking back but he was not marking anybody and there No5 had acres of space. Not saying the headed goals were his fault at all but we seemed to be all at sea at the back on those set pieces in that first 30 mins.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]we are still playing pretty football but unfortunately it is in slow motion.

Pretty but with no end product and as you say, is all so slow. On a number of ocassions we had them 3 against 3 today but by the time we did our usual knock it sideways and back a couple of times, they've got another 4 or 5 bodies behind the ball....

Is it any wonder that we can't break sides down!!

As for positives, at least I didn't have to pay for my ticket!!
  • Options
    Imissthepeanutman

Agreed, we've had an abysmal run at home and are still only 5 points off the top of the table. Something to note.
  • Options
    A few weeks ago Watford were bolt on certs for auto promotion. They have just lost to Burnley and Bristol City.

And of course Bristol City who are now fourth lost was it 6-0 at Ipswich. Before these last 2 games we had not conceded in 4 games.

its just a crazy league.
  • Options
    Iwelumo and Varney are to similar in I guess what was supposed to be a 4-4-2 today.

The marking for their first two goals was just appalling and what was Mills thinking abour if it looks obvious from the North upper it is obvious!!

Today we lacked pace and urgency, no Thomas no Sam and to be honest the Clown should have been on with Lumo and Varney on 70 minutes, what is the point of bringing on Baghera.

The substitutions of Pardew are up ther with Curbs, we can't change a game, very frustrated today.

And Ambrose was rubbish apart from a 10 minute spell, we can't carry him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]You don't win matches by allowing teams free headers from fee kicks TWICE! and needlessly handballing in the penalty area.

That said the referee missed a blatant penalty for the smother tackle on Iwemulo.

This is right Len. I've been a great fan of Mills this season but he had a really bad day at the office. He didn't get tight enough to Gray for the first and the third....well I can't believe he decided to handle it deliberately but it certainly looked like that.

The players will have been keen to make amends for the Sheff U disaster but they were knocked out of their stride early doors and then went to sleep twice. Not surprisingly heads dropped after that. However we did rally and should have been on equal terms. If we had we would have gone on to win the game. Sadly the officials denied us and then Mills madness took over.

One positive thought I have, dispite the gloom of yesterday is that no team is really running away with it. Watford have just lost three on the spin and West Brom's form is patchy. There is still plenty of time for us to hit our best form. I still think, even after the Sheff U game that 4-5-1 is our best formation. Personally I would try Varney up as the loan striker now as Big Chris needs a rest in my opinion. If Sam is off form, I'd play Moo2 in front of Mills wide right, and bring back Thomas. Pace down the flanks with ZZ supporting and Reidy pulling the strings is our best plan.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]A few weeks ago Watford were bolt on certs for auto promotion. They have just lost to Burnley and Bristol City.

And of course Bristol City who are now fourth lost was it 6-0 at Ipswich. Before these last 2 games we had not conceded in 4 games.

its just a crazy league.

and that is the point. We have a top six team. We could go up automatically. But, more than in the PL, there are more teams who on their day can beat anyone else. Ipswich have won 11 staright home games before the draw with Barnsley yesterday and are yet still below as as they can't pick up points away. Watford have just one point from their last three home games and lost at Barnsley last week. City lost to us and Ipswich and someone else but then bounce back with a win at Watford. It's a crazy league and we have to get used to the fact that crazy things happen. A month ago we were ten points behind Watford and yet we've had a bad month but are now five points behind so things are actually better despite our recent disappointments.