Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What on earth does everyone want and expect

13»

Comments

• Options
    "What valid reason can you give for going to a football match and not adding to the atmosphere positively?

If you cannot answer this, please:

a) Get up on Saturday and say "I'm going to see Charlton play today, can't wait".
    b) Enjoy a sing-song in and around the ground.
    c) Say hello to the fans sitting around you with a smile of encouragement.
    d) In periods of play that aren't going our way shout "Come on Charlton".
    e) Should we lose, remember that you are a Charlton fan who wants their team to win, not a fan of Charlton when they win.

Some people may have had some bad stuff going on outside of football and I can understand that affecting them. Those that know me should be aware that this has been the single most sh*tty year of my life, but I go to football because I choose to follow the team I love and want to enjoy myself doing so. Saturday I am celebrating my birthday and I look forward to seeing my team play and having a few (ahem) beers with my mates afterwards. Up the Addicks! "

Sums up exactly what I think mate, could not have put it better.

The most disappointing thing for me was not the defeat on Sat but a number of fans around me. They turn up late, moan about Ambrose for 20 minutes, then head back for the bar 10 minutes before half time. I mean what's the point of that, surely they could do that at home!
    And when we do score, the team get no support there's just a temporary lull in the complaints about Ambrose!
    I know we all support in our own way and long may that continue, and we all get frustrated at times. But let's not be Year 6 girls about it eh ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Henry I thank you again for answering in one sentence!!

MCS has said it best. We're a second tier side. We're Charlton, we have always won games at no matter what level at a thousand miles per hour. We got off on this wondeful run about (pick me up if I'm a year or so out anoraks) ten years ago, now back then NSS is right we were well capable of turning in utter toilet performances without the (and I use the word lightly) internet for all us miserable gets to have a honk.

Equally a good deal of us miserable shits still turned up and supported the side beyond what was often necessary and look where it took us. Now I think that maybe if a few of us just remembered where we came from and what got us to where we were, we may just get back there because I don't think Sheffield United or Watfords supports is as good as ours. Nor is Bristol City's, nor is Wolves'. Why? Because We are Charlton.