Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Owen Price

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
Anyone know what happened to the lad who Spurs poached off us a few years back. We were due a few bob depending on his appearances but not sure he ever made it to the first team.

I think we got an initial 10k for him and I vaguely remember him having to 'retire' through injury a couple of years back.

Comments

• Options
    He retired and is now a black cabbie.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    http://archive.mehstg.com/fact_owenprice.htm

from BBC website - don't remember this at all. Seems we missed out on the big money.

Tottenham could end up paying £445,000 to Charlton in compensation for young midfield star Owen Price.
    The north London club had offered their Premiership rivals a miserly £4,000 after signing the player last year but Charlton snubbed that offer and took the matter to a tribunal.

Spurs have been ordered to pay an immediate £10,000 by a Football League compensation tribunal, with a further £15,000 being handed over if the 15-year-old signs scholarship forms. Should Price turn professional at the north London club they will have to hand over £20,000.

Four payments of £100,000 will be due should Price make 10, 20, 30 and 40 senior appearances for Spurs, with Charlton also due 10% of any future transfer fee.

Price switched clubs a year ago but Charlton were angered by the level of compensation Spurs offered.

"Tottenham accepted that we were entitled to compensation, but the most they would offer was £4,000," said Charlton chief executive Peter Varney.

"We viewed this as inadequate and, as in the case of Jermaine Defoe last November, we felt a principle was at stake. Clearly, the tribunal agreed with us."
  • Options
    I think he was at Lewes a couple of years back.