Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 3rd round - TV Games

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
The 3 games that I would like to see on TV (apart from CAFC of course)

Bristol City - Middlesborough (high flying 2nd Div vs struggling 1st)
Ipswich - Portsmouth (should be a cracker)
Colchester - Peterborough (intriguing East anglian derby)

What we will get.....

Aston Villa - Man Utd (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - 3-0 to Utd)
West Ham - Man City (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
Spurs - Reading (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz)

Comments

• Options
    Stoke v Newcastle - Lot of off-field history if im not mistaken which would create a decent turnout and atmosphere! And that place really goes when it does! Plus a good chnace of an upset!!
    Chelsea v QPR - See above, minus the chance of an upset.
    Forest (if) vs Liverpool
    Agree with ipswich v Pompey

Bristol City v boro was last year as well! Would not bother with that one.
  • Options
    Burnley V Arsenal. Old name from up north v Big four side away from home.
  • Options
    Forgot that one. Good shout!
  • Options
    The FA Cup third round tie between Aston Villa and Manchester United will be screened live on BBC TV's Match of the Day on Saturday, 5 January.

The game will kick off at 1715 GMT at Villa Park.

Villa were beaten 2-1 at Old Trafford at the same stage last year and this is the fourth time in seven seasons the clubs have met in the Cup.

BBC One will also screen Arsenal's tie at Burnley (1400 GMT) and Stoke against Newcastle (1800 GMT) on 6 January.

Sky Sports will televise the match between Luton Town or Nottingham Forest against Liverpool on 6 January at 1600 GMT.
  • Options
    Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal getting their games shown??? Well I never!!!!!!
  • Options
    its the same every season, newcastle and spurs seem to get a lot of the live cup games as well
  • Options
    Obviously we don't get shown on TV in the cup as we only have one game and usually we're at home to a lower division side (and we get knocked out).
  • Options
    As I've said before, all prem ties should be banned, if I want to watch two prem teams play each other then there's 4 or 5 games every weekend. I still think a rule should be introduced guaranteeing the lowest ranked teams left in the competition live coverage. This may be unworkable in the third round, but beyond that we really should be televising the smaller teams. License fee payers money definitely shouldn't be lining the pockets of the top 4 clubs anymore than it already does through the highlights deal.
  • Options
    Well said randy! I totally agree.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]Obviously we don't get shown on TV in the cup as we only have one game and usually we're at home to a lower division side (and we get knocked out).

Isn't that a good reason? The TV bods usually like the opportunity to take the piss out of us.