Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff Away - You are the manager

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
What do you do?

Comments

• Options
    Make sure we take the coach with the reinforced glass.
  • Options
    give free lager to all supporters on the coach,disguised as cans of coke.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Tell the players that if they f up and lose they'll have to walk back to the hotel.
  • Options
    ask everyone goin if they would like to get on the players coach on the way home
  • Options
    Send Parkinson in my place and bugger off to Amsetrdam for a couple of days of drink, drugs & debauchery!!
  • Options
    Give them a biscuit if they kick Piggybank.

In all seriousness, we'll win at Cardiff, just lose on Saturday.
  • Options
    Stop playing the long ball & get back to passing to team mates wearing the Red Shirts would be a good start.
  • Options
    Get their captain sent-off.

Then we would have the headline 'Purse off in handbags row '
  • Options
    tell the players if they dont pull of a decent display all there wages for MONTH with be shared out between all the season ticket holders also the end of season bonus forget it the Donkey sre getting it and the cat home
  • Options
    Remind the players that they were good enough to beat Cardiff 3-0 just three and a half weeks ago.

Or am I being too serious?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First thing I would do is get someone to take over for the night cos the wife will kill me if I piss off to Cardiff with a coachload of blokes on her birthday.
  • Options
    I'd play Weaver

Moo2 - Sodje - Mills - anyone fit who can use their left peg
    Semedo
    Sam - Reid - Thomas
    Zheng
    Iwelumoooooo
    Subs
    Varney
    Randolph
    Christensen
    Anyone but Holland
    Anyone but Ambrose
    Anyone but Izale the Blue Booted wonder
  • Options
    I'd play:

Weaver

Moo2 Mills Sodje Powell

Reid

Ambrose Semedo Holland Varney

Iwelumo

Get Holland and Semedo battling to win Reid the space to play (Burnely doubled up on him every time he got the ball, let's crowd Cardiff out in there and not let them have a man over to be able to do that), he wouldn't have to hold deep but would be given a free role.

Also needs to be a bit more fluid. Both wingers ensuring they get up and support Iwelumo with the option of moving to a flat 4-4-2 with Varney up with Iwelumo and Holland out on the left (where I think he actually had his best ever spell with us).

Play it out from the back - be patient with the ball, don't rush it forward, keep possession and play to feet, ensure the midfield in the shape of Varney, Ambrose and Reid are getting up to support Iwelumo so the poor fella's not left trying to win a header with his nearest red shirt 35 yards away. They're a talented midfield and half our team's in there - why bypass them? Break with pace and if we have to use long ball let's use it as an emergency outlet as 99% of the time it comes straight back!

And finally, when defending set pieces, pick up a man each and STICK WITH HIM!!!
  • Options
    PITL - I aggree with some of your idea but for me Ambrose has had too many chances and I prefer Lloyd Sam there.

Holland is not up to it - stick Zed Zed in there

I guess Powell is the best bet for LB but I hope Basey is back sooner rather than later. It's a shame because him doing his groin came at exactly the wrong time - it made Pardew's decision for him whereas I think Basey might have got the nod had he stayed fit
  • Options
    Before Saturday I would have agreed with you about Ambrose but I thought he looked pretty good when we got him on the ball at the weekend.

I've never been a big fan of Holland ever since he arrived at the club but I actually thought he did OK on Saturday - I know people say we've shipped goals since he came back but I don't see how he's to blame for us not marking striker from set pieces or Millsy playing Monkey Rush football!
  • Options
    I'd play

Weaver
    Mills, Sodje, Fortune, Basey (if not fit then Powell)
    Semedo
    Moo2, zz Reid, Thomas (if not fit then Sam)
    Varney

Subs.

Randolf
    Ambrose
    Racon
    Bougy
    Big Chris
  • Options
    I would put mills in midfield next to reid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I'd play

Weaver
    Mills, Sodje, Fortune, Basey (if not fit then Powell)
    Semedo
    Moo2, zz Reid, Thomas (if not fit then Sam)
    Varney

Subs.

Randolf
    Ambrose
    Racon
    Bougy
    Big Chris

Like that team although I'm not sure if Moo2 can play wide and I can't see AP dropping Holland completely.

I like Racon and think, for what that is worth, we need either him or Samedo in the middle and then two of ZZ, Reid and Holland.
  • Options
    I think Bougy will be back in the team tonight at the expense of possibly sodje
  • Options
    No please, not Fortune and Bougy together again...

It was working with Semedo in front of Sodje and Fortune - for a while, anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weaver

Moo2 - Sodje - Fortune - Mills

Varney - Semedo - Reid - ZZ - Sam

Iwelumo