Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Calling all Canadians...

edited December 2007 in Not Sports Related
Seems like every province is getting battered by different storms at the moment - hope you are all hunkered down! Just cleaned a foot & a halfs worth of snow off the driveway - harder than any gym workout I tell thee.

Comments

• Options
    Where abouts are you G ?

Hope it doesn't effect your chances of getting to a Canadian Spice Girls gig :-)
  • Options
    Didn't know you we're a fan of the spice girls AFKA :-)
  • Options
    I think they played Vancouver last night - come to think of it we haven't heard from VancouverAddick today - how was the show matey??!!
  • Options
    Bloody hell Oakster, send a bit of snow over here will you mate. All we seem to get is rain these days.

I used to live on the edge of the North Downs and we tended to get more snow than the surrounding area of south east London and Kent.

I remember one year in the early eighties, we had snow which stayed on the ground where we lived but melted elsewhere. I never gave it much thought when a couple of weeks later, with snow on the ground, I arranged to play football with some mates at Hackney Marshes. An Irish mate of mine agreed to come and pick me up. The day was wintery. Where he lived (near Crystal Palace), the showers were of rain or sleet, but when he got to within half a mile of my house, they were heavy blizzard conditions. Being a paddy, I don't think he'd seen snow like it. By the time he got to my place, his face had turned as white as the snow. "F*cking hell," he said, "its loike coming out of London and goin' straight t' Siberia. Oy never t'ort Oy was going t' make it. "Jaisus, me loif flashed before me!!"

I moved to Norfolk in 1997. I was told "it gets f*cking cold up there. You need a good 4x4 to get you around in the snow". Snow?!!, we ain't seen much in 10 years, and hardly any frosts. I feel cheated!!

Best wishes to you and all fellow Canadian addicks.
  • Options
    The snow we get here is like icing sugar, it doesn't stick to anything & is light, fluffy & very soft - hence why the Candian Rockies here in the Banff/Lake Louise area are so well known for skiing. It is useless however for making snowballs or indeed snowmen. Further west in Whistler - it tends to be a heavier wetter snow, but they get more of it, more often.

I remember as a kid Bing, every winter without fail - we'd get masses of snow back home - but you are right, in recent years it tends to be one storm a year & the snow will have melted & gone in a day or so at most. Although that will have been sufficient to cause absolute havoc.
  • Options
    I'm heading to Toronto tomorrow for a connecting flight to Vegas - is it going to f*ck me up?
  • Options
    WSS - I am heading in to Toronto tonight from Calgary - not aware of any problems. They fly in all weathers out here!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'm heading to Toronto tomorrow for a connecting flight to Vegas - is it going to f*ck me up?

Doubt it! We're one of the only countries that fall apart when we get an inch of snow... Canada, Scandanavia etc know how to deal with it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'm heading to Toronto tomorrow for a connecting flight to Vegas - is it going to f*ck me up?[/quote]

Doubt it! We're one of the only countries that fall apart when we get an inch of snow... Canada, Scandanavia etc know how to deal with it.[/quote]

So do we a few days off and snowball fight over the park never hurt anyone
  • Options
    Exactly bourne. imagine getting snow and having to go into work.. awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The snow is heading here. 6 inches expected after 4pm. Just in time for the walk home..
  • Options
    When was the last time we had enough snow to stop us getting to work?!
  • Options
    Probably the imfamous BR "wrong kind of snow" day which was 11th February 1991.