Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's the latest you've arrived for a game.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Correction....1999. DOH!
  • Options
    I arrived 5 mins late for Tuesday's game - and I think Greg Halford arrived 85mins after me
  • Options
    Oh erm actually I have a better example. It was Aug 1994. Was intending to travel to CHarlton v Sheff United.

Huge jams on the M1. Got stuck behind a load of Wolves fans going to their game v Watford.

The clock hit half seven and I reached the M25/m1 junction. No chance of seeing the game.

Ended up driving on stopping for a pizza in Battersea with my travel companion who was a Sheff Weds fan and tarted up in their colours.

How i wish i made it to the game so some blunt would kick his head in cos all he did on the way down was moan moan moan.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pork_pie[/cite]Oh erm actually I have a better example. It was Aug 1994. Was intending to travel to CHarlton v Sheff United.

Huge jams on the M1. Got stuck behind a load of Wolves fans going to their game v Watford.

The clock hit half seven and I reached the M25/m1 junction. No chance of seeing the game.

Ended up driving on stopping for a pizza in Battersea with my travel companion who was a Sheff Weds fan and tarted up in their colours.

How i wish i made it to the game so some blunt would kick his head in cos all he did on the way down was moan moan moan.

Steve Brown scored a penalty. We drew 1-1.

I'd hate you to have missed the match and still not know the score....... ;o)
  • Options
    Yer not kidding

Did not know the result until we both returned to the North West at 4am.

400 mile round trip for a fookin pizza.

Happy days.
  • Options
    The Stoke game this season came close to being the latest. On some mad whim, having decided I couldn't go, I suddenly felt an overwhelming desire to be there. Living in Norwich, I have a three hour plus drive most of the time. Add to that the rush hour traffic issue and by the time I set off, I knew that I probably wouldn't get there before half time and may even be latter. As it happens I arrived in the ground five minutes before second half kick off. I'm bloody glad I did though!!
  • Options
    when I used to play golf before an away game me & my mate would often miss the start of games.

remember Birmingham a years ago - missed the first 15 mins - 2 years ago I missed it altogther when the car broke down just outside Coventry.

this season I missed the first 25 mins of the home game v Norwich - then again I had just flown down from Scotland where I had been playing golf. Landed at London city at 7.30pm - luggage arrived by 7.50 and in the car on the dot of 8pm. 20 mins through the blackwall tunnell and parked up in Currys on the industrial estate.

5 mins walk/run and in my seat by 8.25pm (lucky that game was an 8pm kick-off). We scored 2 in the last 5 mins !!
  • Options
    Last Tuesday's game, hubby, Bruv & myself were 30 mins late.

Why?

Hubby & I came straight from Peru to the match & Bruv picked us up from North Greenwich tube. Managed to get all the way from Peru to Heathrow on time but as soon as we got on the Jubilee Line............snail's pace & non closing doors...........grrrrrr!!!!!

Would like to bet we were the furthest travelled that night!!!!!
  • Options
    Palace at home in the play off semi-final. I was at a Rockabilly weekender in Hemsby, Norfolk, drove down on my own for the game, got caught in horrendous traffic on the A12 and arrived just before half time. watched about 30 mins of the piss-poor second half, and then gave up and left to drive back to Hemsby! Five hour + round trip, about 20 quid in petrol and the price of the ticket for 30 minutes of "football" - priceless...
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    used to work 2 out of 4 saturdays in the early 80z. was a season ticket holder so used to get the 3.10 pm from Deptford geting to the ground usually 30 mind after kick off and stone cold sober ! One time eating me dinner after just geting there runing all the way and sod me if they opp didnt score . Cant remeber who it was but i threw me cheese and pickle role at the score ! direct hit on the noggin ! as they had been in me work bag all day since 6 am i guess it could have been "assult with a dealdy weapon".
    Did that mad dash for 4/5 years but one day i got caught bunking off early and was demoted. We lost the game and i lost a shed load of cash ------- f**kin club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    me mate just got back from belguim, and ran from eltham to the valley to catch the last 2 minutes of the plymouth game this season!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]
    Hubby & I came straight from Peru to the match....[/quote]

Absolute Quality Kbslittlesis!!

Can't match that but missed all the goals in a 2-1 win at coventry in about 1988, when away wins were about as rare as hens teeth !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Eddickted[/cite]me mate just got back from belguim, and ran from eltham to the valley to catch the last 2 minutes of the plymouth game this season!!!

And I thought I'd won!

Surely no one can beat that?? Not for a Charlton game anyway
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I think I must of broken all records Saturday surely??

81 minutes on the clock when I turned up. No plastic on me!!

Must've been more people walking out at that time, the ground must've been half empty...I know I wasn't there !!
  • Options
    When I got off the station platform there was loads of people waiting on the both sides, loads walking up Floyd Road.

The steward on the exit gate and a load of the fans thought I was mad going the opposite way to them!

H & J blocks two thirds empty most of the East Stand were strolling up the walkways, West stand looked very sparse but from the spread of the fans it looked like a good attendance at kick off.