Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clutching At Straws?

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Sad bloke that I am, I've just done a quick exercise comparing our record against our 10 Premiership opponents so far this season with our equivalent results last season.

We are 2 points down this season on last and IF we can beat Citeh at home on Saturday we will be one point UP!!

I have substituted Watford for WBA if anybody is interested. Bolton and Portsmouth at home cancel themselves out between the two seasons. The 2 points we are down are West Ham and Chelsea both away. Last season we drew both but have lost both this time.

Onwards and upwards or totally deluded?!

Comments

• old news, old news !

LTGR was posting this earlier this week Len.

Personally, i think you can't compare, different scenarios. We don't win on Saturday, our road to recovery gets a lot longer because the physcological effect will start to kick in.

We need a win.
  • I agree. Comparing last seasons results to these is a waste of time.

Example: Ipswich finished 5th and then got relegated the following season
  • [cite] CharltonDan:[/cite]I agree. Comparing last seasons results to these is a waste of time.

Example: Ipswich finished 5th and then got relegated the following season

True but the point is are we really as bad as it appears?

I accept we need a win against City though to settle the nerves if nothing else.
  • The thing to remember with this only 2 pts worse off is that over the season that equates to around 7 points worse off. Last season we ended up with 47 points.

So the question is, would you feel happy if we got 7points less than last season?
  • At the moment i would accept 40 points and then prey that its enough.
  • thing is, last year we took 22 out of a possible 24 points from the bottom 4. if watford are gonna be 1 of those we need to win the other 7 games against them to win our 'mini league'.
  • [cite] paulbaconsarnie:[/cite]thing is, last year we took 22 out of a possible 24 points from the bottom 4. if watford are gonna be 1 of those we need to win the other 7 games against them to win our 'mini league'.

very good point.