Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BBC Sports Personality

Joe Calzaghe for me.

Comments

• Lewis Hamilton will definitely be in the top 3 - we love a loser, us Brits! ;o)
  • Im sure if Hatton does it tomorrow night that he would win?
  • Didn't know who was in the running, so for people in the same boat:

Joe Calzaghe - Undisputed world super-middleweight boxing champion.
    Lewis Hamilton - World championship runner-up in his rookie Formula One season.
    Ricky Hatton - Fights Floyd Mayweather for WBC world title on eve of show.
    Andy Murray - Broke into the world top 10 despite an injury that ruled him out of Wimbledon.
    Christine Ohuruogu - Returned from one-year ban for missing three drugs tests to land world 400m title in Osaka.
    Paula Radcliffe - Won the New York Marathon just 10 months after giving birth to a baby daughter.
    Jason Robinson - Retired after playing key part in England making the Rugby World Cup final.
    Justin Rose - Captured golf's European Order of Merit title.
    James Toseland - Claimed the World Superbikes Championship for the second time.
    Jonny Wilkinson - Shrugged off injury to help England to Rugby World Cup final.
  • lewis hamilton will probably win it for being a choker and winnin g fuck all/

calzaghe or hatton (if hatton wins)

murray -loser
    ooogerboohger - drug cheat has no chance
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]lewis hamilton will probably win it for being a choker and winnin g fuck all
    Didn't Mansell win it the season he came second on the F1 championship?
  • Chrissy Powell to win.
  • Will be stupid if Hamilton wins.

He can win it when he wins Formula One.

Calzaghe or Hatton (tomorrow permitting) for me
  • Thankfully no footballers will be in it, due to the Euro's failure
  • edited December 2007
    Calzaghe's Welsh so that rules him out of my list!

Ricky Hatton when he wins tomorrow/Sunday.

ps why do they continue to call it 'Personality'? Why not Sportsperson of something? When did Mansell have any personality anyway? Didn't boring Stephen Hendry win it once too?
  • I'd give it to Hamilton. The award is for outstanding achievement during the year.......not having to be number 1.

I don't really follow F1 but how can you not give it to him. 21 year old's first season racing in F1 and he almost wins the damn thing - out of 26 drivers.

I would ay it the same as Derby coming second this year to Arsenal - losing out on the last day.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I'd give it to Hamilton. The award is for outstanding achievement during the year.......not having to be number 1.

I don't really follow F1 but how can you not give it to him. 21 year old's first season racing in F1 and he almost wins the damn thing - out of 26 drivers.

I would ay it the same as Derby coming second this year to Arsenal - losing out on the last day.[/quote]

spot on mate

it's about impact, achievement etc. rather than winning an actual trophy
  • Alwys a misleading title this.

If Hatton wins, the two boxers are on a par, but i would give to Hatton for being more of a 'personality' and people's champion
  • [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I'd give it to Hamilton. The award is for outstanding achievement during the year.......not having to be number 1.

I would ay it the same as Derby coming second this year to Arsenal - losing out on the last day.

spot on mate

it's about impact, achievement etc. rather than winning an actual trophy

I agree. its an amazing achivement going 7 or something on a podium. if he'd have just come 2nd and not been so close to winning it wouldn't have been an issue. he's a young bloke who has done something amazing. I must say i have showed more vague interest in his career than any boxers, thats personal taste, but have always checked the results of the grand prix to see how he did?

the title is really silly.
  • Toseland by a street, great lad, great sportsman, brilliant athlete, shame he has a shite PR manager.