Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A question of priorities

edited December 2007 in Not Sports Related
I have just been down to the bookies in Welling to place my weekend footy bet and as I approached the shop there was a young Asian boy, no more than 4 or 5 years of age, watching over a baby in a push chair with no sign of their mother or father. I went into the shop, perused the selections, and went up to the counter to place my bet. As I turned round, there were two Asian women, one middle-aged and one in her 20's, playing the roulette machine. I can only assume that it was the mother and grandmother. Forget the ethnicity issue and the fact that they had several hundered quid in winnings, they shouldn't have left two very young children alone on a busy main road, should they? Some people...

Comments

• of course they shouldn't. dont know why you mentioned their ethnicity tho.
    no one should leave their kids outside alone if they're doing anything, let alone gambling.
  • Perhaps it was because it was two Asian women in a bookmakers and something that I wouldn't normally have expected to see. I don't see many women in bookmakers, period. Sign of the times, maybe.
  • One of my early memories is waiting outside the bookies for my dad to place his bets before we got on the train to Charlton.

I guess my older (by five years) brother would have been with me. This was in the sixties when there was no crime and Abbey Wood was like Trumpton. Alledgedly.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Perhaps it was because it was two Asian women in a bookmakers and something that I wouldn't normally have expected to see. I don't see many women in bookmakers, period. Sign of the times, maybe.

true, i wouldn't have a clue what to do if i went in one.
  • Make the tea! ;0)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Make the tea! ;0)[/quote]

and run the hoover round
  • [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Make the tea! ;0)

and run the hoover round
    Then get into that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans :)