Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus looking for permanent Wigan deal

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
According to tribalfootball

Charlton striker Marcus Bent hopes to make his loan with Wigan Athletic into a permanent deal.

He explained: "I'm enjoying my time here and I want to stay. I think the clubs have spoken about a price but it depends on how well the team does this season.

"We need to make sure we stay up - and we will.

"Only the strong survive and we have to show we've got the strength of will and the talent to do what the club did last year and stay up.

"I desperately want to keep the club and myself in the Premier League, and if that means me needing to score 10-15 goals then I'll do everything I can to achieve that."

Comments

• Options
    Mmmmmmmm

Ive just looked at a website with the history and stats of Marcus Bents career and it shows in the 3 years with us he scored 4 goals.

1. Is that really right?
    2 10 to 15 in the Prem in a struggling team. Rearrange phrase involving cloud and cuckoo.
  • Options
    Let's hope Wigan are stupid enough to buy him
  • Options
    get rid,hes done next to nothing for us. if he was any good why would he have had so many clubs?
  • Options
    The question is what sort of transfer fee do we pay Wigan to take him off our hands?

The CCC is about his level, one good season for Everton apart he's struggled to score goals in the Premiership.

"I desperately want to keep the club and myself in the Premier League, and if that means me needing to score 10-15 goals then I'll do everything I can to achieve that."

He has scored five goals for us - 3 in the Prem, one in the cup plus one earlier this year in the CCC in a total of 53 games (starting and as a sub) - so one goal every 10 games, in the premiership his record was one goal every 11 games. On that basis to score 10 goals a season he'd need to play 110 games...

Dream on, another playboy footballer who's realised that the gravy train is about to end when yet another club susses him out. As David Moyes said when Curbs shelled out £2.3m "It represents a good profit for us for an average player" - Everton had signed him for £450k.
  • Options
    Bent has a record of going to clubs and scoring in his first few games, best example of that is at everton, then he loses motivation and reverts to being rubbish. For us we only got one decent early game when he came on as sub and scored against chelsea, then he got injured and by the time he came back he was rubbish. One of Curbishleys worst signings - and one of Moyes best sales (which he admitted to), ranks alongside Ralph Milne as lennies worst buy, but at least Lennie could claim no money.
  • Options
    ...All I want for Christmas is MB no longer having any kind of association with CAFC.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Did he appear 53 times for us?
    53 touches maybe and not all of them good.
  • Options
    If his contract is up at the end of the season I doubt if the fee would amount to much.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]If his contract is up at the end of the season I doubt if the fee would amount to much.

According to the OS he signed a three and a half year deal - technically he's ours for next year.
  • Options
    GOOD FECDK OFF