Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford still top

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
After drawing 0-0 at Stoke.

Watford on 40 points, +9 GD
We're on 37, +8GD

A win at the Hawthorns (gets down on bended knees & prays) could see us go top.

Meanwhile Dean Kiely was all at sea for Baggies v Coventry. He'll want to play better against us:
http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/championshipvideo/0,,12555~1184280,00.html

Comments

• Options
    Just watched the game. All the things I hate about English football represented in one game by two teams with very little to offer. I realise that Stoke is all muscle and hustle but so were Watford. Made for dire game to watch.
  • Options
    Watford are all muscle and hustle, but that seems to be the type of team we do badly against. They are now within striking distance of both ourselves and WBA, so a draw next week would not be a bad thing, match their results and then beat them on the 19th Jan and we'll be well away.
  • Options
    i'm convinced it will end up us and West Brom as the top 2, see Watford right blowing up in the 2nd half of the season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Just watched the game. All the things I hate about English football represented in one game by two teams with very little to offer. I realise that Stoke is all muscle and hustle but so were Watford. Made for dire game to watch.

exactly , two of the so called 'better teams' in this league , the football is dire, the sooner we return to the top flight the better
  • Options
    ...but how do you think we would cope in the Prem with our current squad?....Methinks worse than Derby unless our defence is sorted out.
  • Options
    of course we'd struggle but if we don't get back there asap our squad's better players will go and we'll be left scrambling around with the likes of coventry, sheff wed etc
  • Options
    We might need to Yo Yo, sort the clubs finances out, don't over spend, and keep Pards