Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone else really enjoying this season? Perhaps moreso than the Premiership

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
I personally think it's great entertainment. Everyone can beat everyone and the standard of football is pretty good in some parts.

If we get promoted I will miss this league!

Comments

• Options
    It certainly makes for a refreshing change after struggling in the Premiership for the last couple of seasons, but I won't be enjoying it if we are still playing in the CCC in a couple of years.
  • Options
    I am enjoying it more. I don't care what people say about wanting to play against the best teams and watch us get beat.

It's more exciting and we are going into each game looking to win
  • Options
    Yep - far more so.

Thought Saturday was a cracking game for the neutral (can't say I enjoyed the second half as much as I was anticipating!) - far more entertaining than a lot of the dross that the Premier League serves up and charges the Earth for!
  • Options
    agree with all of the above,but as said before we need to go up or a mass exodus will happen,both on and off the pitch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]agree with all of the above,but as said before we need to go up or a mass exodus will happen,both on and off the pitch.

Totally agree, this season will soon become 'the worst one ever' blah, blah, blah if we don't go back up and from what I can gather from this season with the gates we have been getting at the top end of the league I can't see us going up in a hurry if we don't this year
  • Options
    Short answer for me - no.
  • Options
    positives- getting the away bug again and going to new grounds, winning away from home.
    negatives- the expectations (and subsequent defeats) at home, not filling the valley.

overall i'd have to say i'm not enjoying the fact that (imo) if we don't go up this or next year, we could end up losing a lot of matchday support, and in turn be the next sheff wed, bradford, barnsley, qpr etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Personally I`ve never understood the argument about who we are playing! it dont matter to me who we are playing, I go to watch Charlton the other team are the side show, I appreciate we want to see our team play against the best, but I will watch them against whoever and whatever league or division we are in, only family and finances dictate if I go, but hey, we are all intitled to an opinion.
  • Options
    I enjoyed last season as much as this one so far

i thought it was about time some of the boo boys experienced a shite season as most of them wouldnt remember the 1st divison and when watching Charlton was more of a challenge than the Krypton factor.

Good grounding for your kids as well so they can get a bit of a feel for what it is really like to follow Charlton Up one min down the next not this Premier league finish 13th bollox that most of our young lot have grown up with all it led to was discontentment when things started to turn bad towards the end of curbs era and the begining of this one

how many will confess to questioning the appointment of SAP if we go up same amount who questioned Curbs ability as a manager before he left??
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I've definitely noticed the games are generally more thrilling; perhaps a bit more epic. Maybe it's just me, but it seems a lot more goals are scored down here, which always adds a lot of excitement obviously. Also note that the only time I have properly left the Valley furious this season was when a certain 'Premiership' referee paid a visit.