Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++++New Valley Flags Banners - VOTE BY 10PM TONIGHT++++++

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
All courtesy of Rothko and The Valley Flags group:

The time has come for a change in the Covered End, and to replace the 4 of the 6 banners at the back of the stand. The surviving ones 'Live by the Sword' and the Walsh goal time will remain in place for the foreseeable future, but as promised, the others will change. The 4 coming down will be stored and either used again in the Covered End, or placed somewhere else inside The Valley.

Up for the vote are the following 6 banners, they use the same font as the existing banners in the Covered End. The badge design will use the four club badges from the 20's to present day. These are provisional designs, and will be finalised by Icon Designs.

The vote will run till 10pm, and the 4 winners will go to be produced and installed by the Hull game.

Thanks for your time in voting.

Badges.JPG

Banners2.JPG

Banners1.JPG

Comments

• Options
    where's the

Jordan - Everything you see you envy - or did the club bottle it on that one and not allow it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]where's the

Jordan - Everything you see you envy - or did the club bottle it on that one and not allow it.

ssshhh, all in the planning ledge!
  • Options
    Can we not vote for our preferred 4?

It would only let me vote for 1 and I chose The Covered End.
  • Options
    Can we have one for the East Stand Library?

How about one for the Jimmy Seed Stand "Welcome to Hell"

One on the entrance to the tunnel - "The Chris Powell Memorial Tunnel"

Jeez - I should work in advertising!!
  • Options
    Len, that would be preferred, but not possible. Once the results of this are in we'll work out which are 2, 3, 4th.
  • Options
    Club Badge
  • Options
    any of them except 'Live, Love, Laugh and be Happy!'
  • Options
    Have to say that non of them take my fancy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Have to say that non of them take my fancy.

Can't keep everyone happy ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Have to say that non of them take my fancy.

Can't keep everyone happy ;o)

There's not enough innuendo in them for him, eh VM?? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Hopefully we can get the poll extended to 10pm tonight, as the artwork can now go in tomorrow morning
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]where's the

ssshhh, all in the planning ledge!

oops sorry
  • Options
    I'm actually surprised by how few votes the Summers one is getting, especially as it's 50 years this season since the game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'm actually surprised by how few votes the Summers one is getting, especially as it's 50 years this season since the game

Most of us aren't quite old enough to remember it first hand, though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'm actually surprised by how few votes the Summers one is getting, especially as it's 50 years this season since the game
    That was my second choice. Shame we can't do second choices.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]The 4 coming down will be stored and either used again in the Covered End, or placed somewhere else inside The Valley.

How about on the front of the TV gantry in the East Stand?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]The 4 coming down will be stored and either used again in the Covered End, or placed somewhere else inside The Valley.

How about on the front of the TV gantry in the East Stand?

Sponsors have it already innit
  • Options
    Surprised there's not a '75' on the Summers one. That was a really hot one!!
  • Options
    Whatever happened to the "Invest in Gold" & "Hoggy is my Hero" banners? ;o)
  • Options
    It would only let me vote for 1 and I chose The Covered End.[/quote]

Likewise Len, then perhaps people will stop calling it the north stand ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Go on the covered end!
  • Options
    All V close, even the Summers banner has a chance
  • Options
    The Summers banner would be in my top 4.
  • Options
    I'm half tempted to be a BBC producer and rig the vote!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'm half tempted to be a BBC producer and rig the vote!

i thought you already were with the Summers plugging :-)
  • Options
    Final artwork
  • Options
    I voted for summers, looks like it won't win but still happy with the other designs.
  • Options
    looks like you can still vote, so still vote!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!