Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team For WBA

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
This is my effort given the injuries and suspensions:

Weaver

Sankofa
Bougherra
Sodje
Powell /Semedo

Thomas J / Varney
Ambrose
ZZ
Holland
Reid

Iwelumo

Subs:

Randolph
Moo 2
Semedo/Mc Carthy
Racon
Varney/McLeod

Comments

• Options
    I'll go

Weaver

Moo2
    Sodje
    Bougherra
    Powell

Zheng
    Ambrose
    Semedo
    Holland
    Reid

Iwelumo

Or otherwise swap Varney for either Semedo or Holland and put ZZ back in the middle.

Semedo and Holland in the same side might be cautious, but I say take the point with the squad available.
  • Options
    I'd go with Len's team but swap Sankofa for Moo2.

Despite what I thought was a pretty poor game before his injury on Saturday I'd still start with Powell if availbale, he usually makes up for his lack of pace with his reading and understanding of the game (he didn't get away with this against Ipswich IMHO).
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]This is my effort given the injuries and suspensions:

Weaver

Sankofa
    Bougherra
    Sodje
    Powell /Semedo

Len - normally respect your posts fella but Sankofa in out the cold instead of Moo2 - you must be mad mate.

Weaver,
    Moo2 sodje bougghy semedo

varney zz holland reid

ambrose big chris
  • Options
    we could do with a couple of versatile players really.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Moo2 - Sodje - Magic - Semedo

Thomas - ZZ - Holland - Reid

Ambrose

Iwelumo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]This is my effort given the injuries and suspensions:

Weaver

Sankofa
    Bougherra
    Sodje
    Powell /Semedo

Len - normally respect your posts fella but Sankofa in out the cold instead of Moo2 - you must be mad mate.

Weaver,

varney zz holland reid

ambrose big chris

I like Moo2 and he will be an excellent player. However at the moment although great going forward he is a little wobbly defensively from time to time, one of the reasons Pards got Mills in the first place. Sankofa was injured at that time.

We'll have Bougy who is a bit shaky defensively as it is and possibly Semedo as a non-speciallist left back. Given that, for this one game, I'd sooner pick a reasonably solid defender in Sankofa rather than the more defensively unpredictable Moo2. We'd then have just the one flaky defender in Bougy if Sir Chris is fit or two if not. If we pick Moo2 and Powell is out sodje would be our only "proper" defender.

Against WBA we need more than one proper defender in my opinion.

Sankofa did an ok job as replacement for Young last season. It wasn't down to him that we got relegated.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    Weaver,

varney zz holland reid

ambrose big chris

I would go with that team although I think Len makes a good argument for Sankofa ahead of Moo2.
  • Options
    Weaver
    Semedo Magic Sodje Powell (Clarke)
    Varney Holland Ambrose ZZ Reid
    Iwelumo

Subs Moo2 McLeod Thomas(A) Racon Randolp
  • Options
    Len I'd go with your team but I'd play Moo2 in wide midfield. I think this will stiffen up the defensive play and yet Moo2 aint too shabby at getting wide. He's certainly shown his attacking qualities better than defensively.

Hence

Weevil

Sankofa Sodje Magic Powell/Semedo

Moo2 ZZ Ambrose Holland Reid

Big Chris

Subs

Gandulf, Semedo/Racoon, Varney, Thomas, McCarthorse
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Our right back, whoever it is, could be in for a stiff test against the Baggies.

Take a look at their winger Chris Brunt, signed from Sheff Wed in the summer.
    Against Leicester last Saturday, he turned their fullback inside out before delivering a peach of a cross for the Baggie's first goal.

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/wbavideo/0,,12555~1186989,00.html

Sankofa at full back and Moo2 wide midfield in front of him....... :o)

But perhaps we should be pushing forward. Against the Covs last week, their thug defender Paul Robinson got red carded for a brutal scything down so they should be weakened in defence.

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/championshipvideo/0,,12555~1184280,00.html

Look out for their young keeper. Made his debut last match - and himself barely getting over a hernia operation.
    See my Dean Kiely thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rumour that Moo2 may have a slight knock and not be available for Saturday.....
  • Options
    So Sankofa it is then ........ :o)
    Going to prove his worth in the Championship.

"Osei, Osei, Osei......Osei, Osei"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]I'd go with Len's team but swap Sankofa for Moo2.

Despite what I thought was a pretty poor game before his injury on Saturday I'd still start with Powell if availbale, he usually makes up for his lack of pace with his reading and understanding of the game (he didn't get away with this against Ipswich IMHO).

Looked to me like Sir Chris was already carrying an injury in the Ipswich game - he was even more off the pace than you'd allow for old age! Doubt he'll make it for Sat, but if he does, I'd have Semedo back in the defensive midfield role to give a bit of extra protection to the dodgy backline. Drop ZZ to the bench if necessary.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]I'd go with Len's team but swap Sankofa for Moo2.

Looked to me like Sir Chris was already carrying an injury in the Ipswich game - he was even more off the pace than you'd allow for old age! Doubt he'll make it for Sat, but if he does, I'd have Semedo back in the defensive midfield role to give a bit of extra protection to the dodgy backline. Drop ZZ to the bench if necessary.

I'd definitely like to have Semedo back but not at the expense of ZZ - he looked very strong on Saturday.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Pards is talking about going with two strikers, OS link is this a smokescreen or does he mean it? Why would he say this so openly at this stage? I am not sure about his reasoning either. If our defence is makeshift/inexperienced isn't it more important to ensure they have protection in front of them. I for one will be surprised if he changes from 4-5-1.