Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket office woe (contains 'Oi Henry!' content)

So I had a lovely time in Barcelona, but I managed to get pickpocketed on the metro (see Nou Camp thread) which took the gloss off it a bit and so I've been having to run around and chase up some of the things that were lost. Thankfully, apart from cards and phone I didn't lose a lot.

But I did forget to stash my Norwich ticket away safely, so it went on holiday with me in my wallet, and got nicked with my wallet. Ooops. I took a wander down to the ticket office today to see what the chances were of getting a replacement, expecting very little.

It turned out I could have got a replacement if the ticket had been bought online or by phone... but because it had been bought in person, there was no chance because there was no record of the sale - even though I had to supply a season ticket voucher to the person making the purchase! (Which reminds me I still owe Buckshee £27.)

Like I said, I wasn't expecting a replacement, but it seems incredible that we still aren't recording who's bought what. Isn't this what this new-fangled computer system, and those CON.... numbers are for?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2007
    *shakes head and rolls eyes*
  • Options
    sorry you got pick pocketed Inspector.

Yes, it is ridiculous that we don't keep records of who is buying our products so we can track customer spend. That was one of the benefits of the loyalty points scheme.

head, wall, bang, against. Re-arrange these words to describe feelings.
  • Options
    Maybe a press pass or freebie/club gesture would be in order, xmas and all that, bet our Reg has a few spares, c'mon H?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Maybe a press pass or freebie/club gesture would be in order, xmas and all that, bet our Reg has a few spares, c'mon H?

The inspector wouldn't want that. He likes to keep it real with the lads ; - )
  • Options
    A Boy about town eh.

Still think you should give up you're Directors freebie as a goodwill gesture :- )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]A Boy about town eh.

Still think you should give up you're Directors freebie as a goodwill gesture :- )

That should be "your" not "you're".

I don't think the other Directors want any old riff raff in the box with them. They can just about tolerate me but even they have limits : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

head, wall, bang, against. Re-arrange these words to describe feelings.

Heh. Well, I suppose I've unwittingly provided another pro-loyalty scheme argument.

Not sure if there's a big black market in English second division football tickets in Barcelona, but I shall ask Rothko and Buckshee to keep an eye out for swarthy strangers...
  • Options
    Inspector, if someone starts monkey chanting, gesticulating wildly and throws a flare, we'll have an idea who nabbed your wallet !!
  • Options
    Both Madrid and Barcelona are absolute nightmares for pickpockets - I barely know a person who's been to either that hasn't been pickpocketed.

Worst example was when one of my mates was in Madrid on a stag do, had his wallet stolen at a cash point, walked round the corner and went to use his mobile phone to cancel his cards and somebody on a bike snatched that!
  • Options
    If the ticket was bought over the counter Monday to Friday then the data should have been recorded, as I understand it. The club doesn't record data in the run-up to kick-off on a matchday as a matter of policy because it needs to keep the transaction time to a minimum in order to limit queues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was bought on a match-day after the game, I think.
  • Options
    why don't you ,as a last resort, ring Norwich and ask them
  • Options
    Fantastically shonky way to deal with your customers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]why don't you ,as a last resort, ring Norwich and ask them

As I said above, I wasn't expecting a replacement, to be honest - I ended up buying a new ticket to cut down on hassle. I posted this because it seems a very, very odd way to deal with people.