Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Baggies fan here! Ahead of the Clash!

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
Hello fellow Charlton fans. Now im not here to cause trouble as theres just no need for it really.

AFKA Bartram i think it is advertised this site on a Baggies forum a few days ago, one which i moderate on so you can safely expect a respectful word on here off me.

Obviously has we all know the West Brom V Charlton match is coming upon us, one which i think will see both clubs battle it out for the points needed for the autos. To be fair i think whether you win or us on Saturday i still feel we will be both in the top 2 without a doubt. Watford have class but fall under pressure.

Just wanted to hear some views on the game and that from fellow Charlton fans and also it would be great if we(The Baggies fans) could hear a few opinions also on our board, which i will give a link to, just so we can both have a bit of banter and also share each sides views on the game, and games ahead.

I am sure to stick around for a while as i like a good debate and also like other opinions from the opposition.

Thanks for your time, and if i could hear your views then that would be great!

The link to the Albion forum is: http://www.westbrom.com/forum

Thank you
WBAGinge

Comments

• I think it'll be a tight game, I'd certainly take a draw thats for sure. But the way this league is going, we could win or lose 5-0! I agree that I think the pair of us should be the top 2 come May. But then I've thought West Brom should have been top 2 for the past 2 seasons so I hope we don't do the same thing. On the class of teams I've seen though we shouldn't have too much competition over the whole season. I wish you no luck at all for Saturday but plenty for the rest of the season, i'm sure you can understand that! Serious prediction...2-2.
  • I'm going for a 1-1 and am confident, my 1st away game at the hawthorns in 75/76 with an equaliser from Warman.

C'mon you reds.
  • "It's the hope that kills you"

(C) That dreary fella from MOTD2
  • edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite] I wish you no luck at all for Saturday but plenty for the rest of the season, i'm sure you can understand that! Serious prediction...2-2.

Yeah i totally understand your meaning, and im sure all the rest of the Charlton and WBA fans will be the same to be fair. Never actually been to The Valley yet so cant really say what you lot are like when we are down there, but from many other fans of the Albion who ive spoke to about Charlton seem to think your a decent bunch to get along with and would rather let the talking be done on the pitch rather than f-ing and blinding all over the place, which is a nice compliment i think.

I think with our current home form, despite it still being good, we have had poor shows of late. The Sheff Wed game we should of won, but thats another story, and the Draws to Wolves also wasnt nice either. The Coventry display was woeful, something which im very surprised, your old goalie, Deano didnt get sent off in.

Unfortunately he wont be playing on Saturday, but have heard from inside info from the Albion that he will be in the Stands watching the game with the fans, Albion im sure is more likely considering. Also another question, would Kiely of got a good reception from you lot on Saturday if he was to play?

My prediction: Win of course perhaps 2-1 but id be very very happy with a draw. Realistically i can see it being a end to end game with a final score of 2-2
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]"It's the hope that kills you"

To be fair, Adrian Chiles chats crap most of the time. His book is excellent, but very repetitive by the way.

I like him but would be bored to death if he sat next to me and spoke about us all the way through, only for him to go 'were gonna lose again' all the while!
  • [cite]Posted By: WBAGinge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]"It's the hope that kills you"

To be fair, Adrian Chiles chats crap most of the time. His book is excellent, but very repetitive by the way.

I like him but would be bored to death if he sat next to me and spoke about us all the way through, only for him to go 'were gonna lose again' all the while!

I'm sure he's a nice bloke but, no offence, it's the bloody accent that really grates. Why is it that people from the black country talk like they're constantly on 33rpm? Someone wind them up, ffs!!!
  • No chance of Kiely getting booed. One of the greats. When he moved on it was right for the club and even though it took a while for him to accept it, it was right for him too.

S.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    I'm sure he's a nice bloke but, no offence, it's the bloody accent that really grates. Why is it that people from the black country talk like they're constantly on 33rpm? Someone wind them up, ffs!!!

Your lucky i dont actually come from the Black Country! Must admit, the accent is bloody annoying, especially when there moaning, its even worse! Ive got used to it over the years though so not a real problem for me really.

Its nice to hear Kiely wouldnt of got booed. Good goalie, yeah he is getting on but can still do a job, Have always rated him highly anyway even when he was at your place, shame we couldnt of kept him at youth level else it could of been very different in the sense of how many goalies weve been through, through the past few years.
  • Is Keily out injured then? Noticed he didnt paly in the last game.
  • Kiely booed ?

there would of been more chance of a certain fan from here throwing her undercrackers at him :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• The Baggies owe us a favour after we helped keep them up in 2005 :-).
  • deano proper legend, one of curbs best ever signings
  • [cite]Posted By: Sir John Humphrey[/cite]The Baggies owe us a favour after we helped keep them up in 2005 :-).
    we also went there in our championship winning year 2000 and as champions laid down and died for a 2-0 defeat to keep them from going into the 3rd tier and then there's that puddle that scored for them in the fa cup
  • that shot was going wide until it hit the puddle.Didnt we miss 2 pens that day ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stoke_addick[/cite]Is Keily out injured then? Noticed he didnt paly in the last game.

Broke his toe - out for 2/3 more weeks. Misses the Xmas games.
    Rookie goalkeeper - only made his debut last week, not really fit getting over a hernia op.

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=12784&page=1#Item_4
  • [cite]Posted By: Sir John Humphrey[/cite]Didnt we miss 2 pens that day ?

can recall walshie hitting the post with one, think the game only took place cos the match of the day cameras were there
  • I would be very happy with a draw, I predict a 2-0 defeat with Phillips getting one and someone else the second!

Kiely will recieve a Rob-Lee-esque ovation in the return match.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]Kiely will recieve a Rob-Lee-esque ovation in the return match.

Don't you mean Robert Lee!! ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]there would of been more chance of a certain fan from here throwing her undercrackers at him :-)

Mental picture - Coffee, screen moment.....
  • I predict a shooing
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I predict a shooing

LOL!
  • Shoo! Shoo!

Deano out? That's a shame (in a way). Hopefully he'll be back for the match at our place.
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Hopefully he'll be back for the match at our place.

And have memories of Swindon when in the Covered End goal.....
  • And have memories of swindon when in the SOUTH STAND goal.
  • Nice to hear some stories there. Yeah Kiely has broke his toe, Luke Steele is in place of him, his debut for us last week, despite being with us for a year!

Made some cracking saves last week, so will give him confidence, but to be fair he will get slated if he makes a mistake by our fans (especially if were drawing or losing) so will give you a better chance then of scoring more.

Bit of team news for you:
    Kiely is out, so Steele will be in making his second appearance for us.
    Morrison and Miller look very unlikely to return for the game on Saturday. Albrechtsen and Clement are definately out. And Kevin Phillips may re-appear after 5 weeks on the sidelines.

Bit of stats:
    Bednar has scored 4 goals in his last 3 matches, all 4 have been from crosses.
    Brunt and Gera have created the last 4 of West Broms goals, despite Beatties cracker!

Cesar and Robbo return for the game after serving bans.
  • Thanks for the update WBAGinge.
  • WBA Ginge, I thought Robinson was straight red against the Covs - and suspended 3 matches?
  • edited December 2007
    Also if you wish to have some information about local Pubs or supposedly local then look at this page:
    http://www.westbrom.com/0/matchday/pubs.html

It will give you all information for you on pubs you can go into and ones which are probably best left alone.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]WBA Ginge, I thought Robinson was straight red against the Covs - and suspended 3 matches?

Nope was a second bookable offence, absolutely stupid how he got the first yellow, kicking a ball away! How stupid!
  • Okay, Ginge. Saw the highlights on the Virgin media site - that was some tackle from behind and saw the ref show Red after the lino flagged. Didn't see ref show yellow & immediate red, like they normally do.

Saw Robinson arguing the toss with the lino & the ref waving him to the dressing room.

That was some scything tackle, though. Right through the player from behind. lol
    Worth a straight red - and a place in this season's Hall of Horror Tackles. :o)

Anyway, if your club say he's back on Saturday, then he'll play.