Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fan tshirts FOR SALE!

Sorry in advance (to the admin) for this shameless plug, but it is one that is for such a great cause and we feel as many Charlton fans should be advised about it.

Charlton Community Fans Site, www.addickted.net, has launched an online shop, with all profits being donated to a children's hospice.

The new look Addickted.net site was launched in August and is maintained by and for Charlton Athletic supporters. Not only was it the site to launch the new mascot “Valiant”, but it also offers daily news, squad statistics, opinions and forum discussion to Charlton supporters, of all ages and walks of life, in order to a achieve a wide range of views, opinions and rants about the club.

The new online shop features some unique Charlton designed t-shirts, with a wide range of designs, past and present, and there is even a “suggestion area”, where fans can send in their own desired ideas and it will get designed for them.

All profits made from the sale of the shirts will be given to Sittingbourne-based Demelza, which cares for children with life-limiting conditions. This charity is close to the hearts of many of the users on the site, so they are delighted that they can help out where possible.

James Hanaway, Demelza’s Head of Fundraising said: “The website idea and generosity from the community on Addickted.net, in deciding to support Demelza is fantastic. You can be sure that money will be put to good use in helping to care for our children and families.”

One of the sites operators, Dan Bream said: “We wanted to extend the experience of the site even further, and having an online shop, to sell unique Charlton based designs was the next step in our growth.

“The main goal was to add a section to the site which could help raise money for Demelza. We are hopeful that the shop and the products available will appeal to as many Charlton fans as possible, in order to raise as much money as we can to help support Demelza.”

To access the shop, please visit www.cafcshop.com. You can also visit the main site and join in the forums at www.addickted.net

Comments

• Options
    I can confirm that the Charity chosen is well deserving. Well done.
  • Options
    Its a very good cause - but arent the Tshirts, how do I say it ...... a bit crap?

Maybe they are just not me - a sword with CAFC under it, I would have been in like flynn.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I guess it's down to personal taste. We have had great support so far from our fellow Charlton fans and the unique designs have been given a good response.

As mentioned, we are more than happy to take suggestions on the designs and get them added where possible.
  • Options
    You are right mate - it is down to personal taste. Working on the baasis that mine is extremely poor then your shirt sales should be very good :-). It's an excellent cause and I hope that sales soar.

As I suggested, something a little more subtle and you will see 1905 wearing it in the oak with pride.......
  • Options
    A simple "CAFC" across the front?
  • Options
    "A simple "CAFC" across the front? "

Yep!
  • Options
    The "Charlton Loyal"one looks good.......have you got the copyright from DFT?.....;-)
  • Options
    I am currently styling the British Alliance one at the moment. However, if anyone is thinking about ordering one check the sizes, the fit is tight and the shirt has lycra edges! The shirt does have a very nice design however.
  • Options
    [cite] PalaceHater:[/cite]I am currently styling the British Alliance one at the moment. However, if anyone is thinking about ordering one check the sizes, the fit is tight and the shirt has lycra edges! The shirt does have a very nice design however.

This is NOT from the new Addickted.net Shop BTW ;)
  • Options
    DFT hasn't got the time to maintain it anymore, although you can still access the message board;

http://members5.boardhost.com/dave1307/index.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2006
    I ordered the shirt off sportingkicks I think. Who came up for the design for the shirts ? Very nice design I must say.

PH
  • Options
    [cite] PalaceHater:[/cite]I ordered the shirt off sportingkicks I think. Who came up for the design for the shirts ? Very nice design I must say.

PH

We asked all those on the Addickted.net forums and the designs have been created by myself.

We also have a suggestion thread going, for all those who want to see a particular design put up - http://www.addickted.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=906
  • Options
    What are th sizes like - are they generous. I am a bit of a bifta so want to make sure they'd fit before buying one.

Like the Mendonca one with the goal times.
  • Options
    Some of those designs are familar.
  • Options
    Some of those designs are familar.
  • Options
    [cite] Arfur:[/cite]What are th sizes like - are they generous. I am a bit of a bifta so want to make sure they'd fit before buying one.

Like the Mendonca one with the goal times.

On the product pages you will see a link "Size Chart" next to the "Size" drop down menu - this will open in a new window and shows a diagrams of the dimension on the shirt - chest size, etc

Sizes go up to XXXL and we can also do XXXXL (extra £2 - let me know if this is required) for the larger framed person (or those who like it baggy)
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite] Rothko:[/cite]Some of those designs are familar.

Let me know if you want to use any for the flags campaign - I think some would be ideal - the XXXXL size shirt could even be used as an overhead flag :P
  • Options
    is the web link to the shop down? im trying to access it without any luck?

is due to overdemand? :-)
  • Options
    I'll say it if Rothko doesn't. Very similar to the Valley Flags designs that were posted on Addickted a few weeks back.
  • Options
    "A simple "CAFC" across the front? "

or in 1905's case just "SIMPLE" would fit the bill.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite] Henry Irving:[/cite]I'll say it if Rothko doesn't. Very similar to the Valley Flags designs that were posted on Addickted a few weeks back.

The valley flag designs were just text and not imagery.

And as you can imagine, there are certain items in our history that are going to pop up time and time again - that's just what makes history so unique.

We felt that the Mendonca hat-trick is one of these, just like the valley flags campaign has.

We have obviously taken a different slant on it.

It just "drills home" how important these events are.

As I have mentioned above, valley flags campaign is more than welcome to use any of the designs currently on the site, or those which will be added in the coming weeks.

The support so far for the project has been outstanding and long may it continue.

Thank you very much for those who have purchased a shirt and we look forward to more of you doing so, as Demelza is such a great cause.
  • Options
    [cite] Addickted.net:[/cite]
    [cite] Henry Irving:[/cite]I'll say it if Rothko doesn't. Very similar to the Valley Flags designs that were posted on Addickted a few weeks back.

The valley flag designs were just text and not imagery.

Still the same text, though. It would have only taken an e-mail to ask about co-ordinating something, surely?
  • Options
    I can't be arsed to be honest Ben, My Only Desire, hmmm, wonder where that comes from

Imitation is the highest form of flattery, especially when someone doesn't admit it.
  • Options
    i've closed this thread now for various reasons.

please feel free to use the whisper function if others want to continue with each other.

thanks
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!