Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Points tally over the festive period 2 home games & 3 away

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
Our next 5 fixtures home and away over the christmas period are as follows.

wba(a) hull city(h) Norwich city(a) Leicester (a) Colchester (h)

With players suspended and injured Pards will have to be inventive and will need to be at his managerial best to try and outwit the opposition.

The xmas/new year Period will also be when the club will be looking to sign/take loan players to freshen up the squad.

How many points do you think we could take from the above fixtures?

Comments

• Options
    God post Badge.

I reckon if we have serious promotion aspirations, we're looking at 6-7 points from that. Any less is underperforming, any more is a bonus.
  • Options
    I stick to two points a game will be enough to get us up so ten from a possible 15.

3 wins, a draw and a defeat would not be a disaster but I would aim for a win at WBA first. One game at a time and all that : - )
  • Options
    10 points from that would be a real result Henry-

I'd say realistic- 8 points would be a decent tally- 2 wins, 2 draws and a defeat
  • Options
    Dissagree here, I know the WBA is a tough one but the other four games we will be favourite to win and fully expect we will, even allowing for the injurys.
  • Options
    It's so hard to predict a result in this division, i would like to think we could manage maybe 8 points.
  • Options
    i'll add that when i first looked at it, i counted one fixture less than what i predicted. 9 points will do me
  • Options
    I quite like guessing games Badger, but I'll go along with Henry's philosophy - one game at a time.

The West Brom game is the one where we can do ourselves the biggest favour and them the most damage.
    We are weakened and so are they - the game is wide open and no reason why we can't get a brilliant result.
    They'll think the same, of course.

The other fixtures will look after themselves but.... oh sod it, we should have too much for Hull & Colchester.
    Norwich are the form side of our opponents but the better the other side play, the better generally we play too so should get a point at least.

Leicester? Tricky again. New manager (Ollie), they've a lot to prove but if we are up for it, there's a point or 3 waiting to be collected - but Ollie's done us already once this season with Argyle, so not to be underestimated.

No reason why we shouldn't win the lot. But, of course, we are Charlton so we won't.
    Harvest 9-11 points - equivalent to Henry's promotion formula.

So beat WBA, draw Hull, beat Norwich, beat Leicester, lose Colchester.

As I said, focus on one game at a time. ;o)
  • Options
    9 Points would keep me happy if we want to be there or there abouts come May.
  • Options
    9-11 would be great, but have a feeling it will be 8.
  • Options
    gotta be 10 points, 3 wins and a draw at least for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    would like us to take 9+ points but fear it could end up around 6 cos really can't see us geting anything against west brom, still fingers crossed e i e i e i o
  • Options
    Like having a good start to the season, these holiday fixtures at Xmas (& Easter) come thick and fast and are often defining points of the season.

Of course, there are too many fixtures in too few days - and as players become fatigued they make more mistakes, giving rise to unpredictable results.

But it's a fantastic opportunity to gather a significant number of points in such a short time -teams who get the right results make huge strides.

And there will be teams that get max or near max points over the period.
    Some teams will. Charlton need to make sure they are one of them.
  • Options
    11-15 points for me.
  • Options
    considering we should not be fearing anyone in this division and only one of the teams in that list are our considered promotion rivals i would be looking at

12, 13 or 15 points.
  • Options
    3 points from these 5 games is an absolute pathetic return
    some good predictions here !!!
  • Options
    http://www.fulhamweb.com/fulhamweb/league/form.asp?which=total&leagueName=E02
  • Options
    I said 8 and thought I was being pessimistic!