Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell Cleared To Play

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
Powell has been cleared to play, shame really would have liked to see a different option, did not feel that Sir Chris was up to it against Ipswich and WBA will be a sterner test. Would have liked to see Semedo tried.

Comments

• Options
    Think Semedo may play at right back. Either him or Sankofa (check out the preview :-))

We;ve enough messing around at the back without losing another key experienced player, so not sure why you would want to see a different option.
  • Options
    Why is Moo2 not playing right back, the boy is mustard?
  • Options
    Gutted, would prefer for Sankofa to play right back in that case and for Semedo to hold with Holland in a midfield 5, give as much possession to Reid and ZZ as possible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Think Semedo may play at right back. Either him or Sankofa (check out the preview :-))

We;ve enough messing around at the back without losing another key experienced player, so not sure why you would want to see a different option.

spot on afka you dood
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Why is Moo2 not playing right back, the boy is mustard?

Injured apparently
  • Options
    powell is class I have to say, am amazed he's still at the level he is, but he's still got it, what a bloke.
  • Options
    Can see both sides of the argument but I think there's enough disruption to the team tomorrow, Sir Chris will be more of a steadying influence than anything, just what we need up there
  • Options
    Powell didn't look good enough against Ipswich, he looked tired and their right winger tore him apart.
  • Options
    Looked to me like he was carrying an injury v Ipswich.

I'm pleased he's OK for tomorrow - we need all the experience we can get.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Powell didn't look good enough against Ipswich, he looked tired and their right winger tore him apart.

Of course he looked tired, Chris.

He'd been out injured for 6 weeks and trained for just one day before rushed back straight into the 1st team next day for the Burnley match.

He then plays 3 games in a week.

No training, no reserve matches, no fitness & no match practice - & 38 years old.
    And people wondered why he looked tired & not quite up to his normal standard!

That would have been gruelling for a player 10 years younger.
    The blokes a bloody hero for putting himself through all that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am a great fan of Chris Powell, but he got well and truly beaten today. It was obvious from the start that Gera was taking him apart on the deck and moreover in the air. Surprised Pardew didn't do something as it it cost us the match and always looked likely to. I suppose it was difficult with all the injuries we had.
  • Options
    We was out scout-ed today. Even if Grant Basey was in at left back Gera would of out jumped him. WBA got this idea when Basey was out jumped at the far post a couple of games ago and they played to that today.
  • Options
    If our right back had closed down the crosser then the problem would not have existed
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Powell has been cleared to play, shame really would have liked to see a different option, did not feel that Sir Chris was up to it against Ipswich and WBA will be a sterner test.

Should of listened to you Kap :-)