Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Russell Brand - crap live?

My Missus really likes him so get her tickets at Hackney Empire and she said he was only 'ok', lost his thread a lot and was only funny in patches.

Spoke to guy who saw him last night at The Roundhouse and he said he was very poor, spent 20 mins talking about, erm, w*****g........ (thats not welling, though similar)

Anyone off here seen him live?

Comments

• yep, charity gig only 5-10 mins set. hilarious!!!
  • I thought he was quite entertaining on Big Brothers Little Mouth and saw his dvd in HMV for £3 so I bought it. Turned it off after 20 minutes. Because he literally spent 20 minutes doing the w*****g action and making stupid noises. It's strange because most of his tv stuff is funny, but it was probably the worst stand-up I've ever seen
  • cant stand him. i think he's just offensive.
  • He needs a good wash and decent haircut
  • That's what I thought Chunes.

Interacting on TV he was very funny.

He's making hay before the sun sets.
  • I think he's rubbish, unfunny twunt, got Lucky and filled that Walliams space in the tabloids whith his sleeping with various semi famous women.

But then i think that Ricky Gervais while being a brilliant writer and comic actor is one of the worst standups i've have had the misfortune to see.
  • Don't see what all the fuss is about and where does he get that accent?

I think he's a lot smarter than he's letting on but he walks all over his "own" jokes.

Never seen his stand up just on the BRITS and HIGNFY
  • Just dont get Brand at all.Not seen the West Ham twat live though.Maybe its a woman thing, my missus thinks hes funny and good looking.
  • I think his sister Jo is funnier and she's a Palace fan!
  • 90% of stand up comedians are Palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]90% of stand up comedians are Palace.

Well, they are used to people laughing at them.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Don't see what all the fuss is about and where does he get that accent?

essex.

read his column a few times in the guardian or observer, and there was a very funny one about him at west ham, he wrote about it and then put it into his stand up programme thats on at the mo. it was about sport last week and they had a clip of him on someones mobile singing west ham songs.
  • I always listen to the podcast of his Radio 2 show and think it's brilliant, but it's probably because he has a co-host and guests on etc.

Was thinking about going to see his show but thought it might be a disappointment, and by the sounds of it might have been right.
  • Must admit i do enjoy his guardian footie column every saturday.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think his sister Jo is funnier and she's a Palace fan![/quote]

she is fit!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]cant stand him. i think he's just offensive.

I agree 100%. The guys a prize twit!