Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

In terms of sport and music.......

CHGCHG
edited December 2007 in General Charlton
What would be your ideal day, watching an event / gig from the past....actually live.

Mine would be watching The Addicks 1947 cup final followed by a Jimi Hendrix gig at Brixton Academy. Carling don't do time machines but if they did.........

Comments

• Options
    I'd defo love the chance to watch the playoff final live again. (Plus put a bet on the result!)
  • Options
    Yeah, Rufus to score and 4-4, good odds on that I reckon.
  • Options
    Got to be the '47 Cup Final and seeing Pink Floyd perform Dark Side.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Gotta agree with the playoff final, but music-wise... Always wished I'd been old enough to see Baba O'Reilly at The Valley.

Im 34, have met and fly fished with Roger Daltry on a few occasions, and am a late, but massive fan. Would have been great seeing them at the best venue in the World

The Who @ The Valley
  • Options
    I am with Charlton Dan, I remember my parents moaning about the Who at the Valley but I was 5/6 then so no chance to go, though I can say I heard it as we lived in Eastcombe Avenue then and it could be heard.

I would go with a huge attendance at the Valley may be Bartrams last game or the FA Cup game v Villa followed by back to the Valley to see the Who.
  • Options
    It has to be the 1947 FA Cup Final, surely? It's the only time we've ever won anything. Celebrate with a few points before going to see either Ride or Joy Division in their prime.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]I am with Charlton Dan, I remember my parents moaning about the Who at the Valley but I was 5/6 then so no chance to go, though I can say I heard it as we lived in Eastcombe Avenue then and it could be heard.

Remember you could hear it in Plumstead
  • Options
    Didn't one of the gigs go into the Guinness Book of Records as the loudest ever?
  • Options
    Play off final again and another trip to the Valley to see the Who, buying my badge and T Shirt off Curbs and listening to MY Generation Blues, which I finally found a copy of a couple of years ago on the DVD 30 years of R&B - The Who - whatever happened to girls going topless at concerts - oh yes I got too old to go to them!!
  • Options
    Fa cup final 1947 (although the 75000 vs Villa would have been special as well)

Jimi Hendrix/Joy Division/Stone Roses/Nirvana with Radiohead playing as support at the Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fa cup final or play off final again, then queen at wembley
  • Options
    Went to both Who gigs at the Valley and at the play off final but I would plumb for Pink Floyd or Led Zep at the O2 and 7-6 win against Huddersfield or 47 Cup final.
  • Options
    Also went to both Who gigs, brilliant stuff.

However I would go for '47 final followed by Stone Roses at Spike Island.
  • Options
    Another thought ......Millwall in the snow!
  • Options
    the 7-6 Huddesfield game

and Elton John at the Valley :-)
  • Options
    I'm with Dan too.

Seen The Who countles times and was lucky enough to meet John Entwistle many years ago but would have loved to see them in the 70's.

My uncle was at both and my old man has told me that he was round my nan's house watching a news report on it when the camera panned (& stayed on my uncle & his friend) They were both obviously stoned out of their minds and my nan turned round and said "Ooh, they don't look like they're very happy do they!"

For the sporting event it would be the 1970 Le Mans.
  • Options
    The playoff final followed by a night at the Hacíenda!!!
  • Options
    I'm going with Carling!