Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton players playing with accessories

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Struggling to think of many.

Bartlett also wore that wrist support
Diawara with the gloves

there must be a few more. No bandanas, tights, face guards, head bandages, ?

Comments

• I can tell ya that i think Hughes is an accessory!
  • The Elk always has some kind of strapping (or something like that) on his left wrist.
  • [cite] F-Blocker:[/cite]The Elk always has some kind of strapping (or something like that) on his left wrist.

• Going back a bit but our Welsh winger Carl Harris sometimes played with some sort of white crappy knee bandage if memory serves.
  • did any of ours succumb to the 'Robbie Fowler' nose plaster ???
  • did any of ours succumb to the 'Robbie Fowler' nose plaster ???
  • Frannie Jeffers did the old plaster routine.

There was also a fad of wearing the Lance Armstrong yellow "Live Strong" bracelets (led by young Mr Jeffers I believe)
  • Phil Chapple used to wear chicken legs and as we know, Jimmy Floyd has put his on the wrong way :P
  • Lee Bowyer sometimes wore gloves I think.

Made him look like Albert Steptoe:-)
  • John Barnes was a tights wearer, but not sure he ever did with us
  • Sponsored links:

• Doesn't Sorondo wear a headband thing?
  • Derek Hales carried I knife whilst playing ............ I am sure that I read it somewhere.
  • JONNY FORTUNE ALSO WEARS SOME SORT OF WRISTBAND

Ooops sorry shouting.
  • They should all be made to wear pink socks and garters ....
  • After we had the pleasure of beating the scum 2-0 twice in one season, two of us decided to print and sell t-shirts commemorating this fact.(does any one remember them ? we also did a donor card design.) and Colin Walsh wore one lagered up at the player of the year do.
  • edited November 2006
    Killer went through a spell of wearing ankle protectors outside his socks. They gave the apperence (from a distance) that he was wearing Doc Martins. Or was he?

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/HALES_Derek_19811025_GH_L.jpg
  • didn't Martin Pringle wear an Alice Band?
  • I had one of those glass_half_empty, not the doner card one, but 'we beat the scum 2-0, twice!' with a poor withered old Lion on crutches, didnt no they were your inventions dood!
  • I think I have got a 'Show me the Way to Go Home' Sweatshirt somewhere at home.
  • 04_MCS They were great mate, typical charlton anorak response though " yeah mate i like em, but wouldn't want to wear one!" Did you ever get to see the pic of Walshy weraring his?
  • Sponsored links:

• No, never saw that pic, walshie is a legend for that.
  • Didn't David Whyte ALWAYS used to wear cycling shorts under his proper shorts?
    Steve Mackenzies straw hat (Wimbledon away?)
    Les Berry's comedy stick-on tash (what, you mean it was real?)