Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++West Brom vs Charlton- Official Thread++++++++

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]not good enough sorry

Sod off and support a better club then.
  • Options
    Wide from Gera
  • Options
    look at magic embarrasing
  • Options
    Powell is real weak link. Anyone but him next week, sorry Sir Chris but time for someone else.
  • Options
    ffs
  • Options
    Phillips 4-2
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

feck off you knob
  • Options
    Phillips is offside
  • Options
    We're really missing our key defenders!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2007

BFR - Why cant you just keep your trap shut FFS!! Youre far to quick to not read posts properly and stop and think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WBA really got the rub of the green there - ping pong deflections where nobody of either side knows where the ball is and then riccochets to the feet of Phillips.
  • Options
    now now children

20070312naughty_step.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]

BFR - Why cant you just keep your trap shut FFS!!

he's a twat dan all i said was our defending aint good which it aint,i must have missed him at cardiff last week feckin plastic
  • Options
    Good game for the neutral.

Despite the result I still feel we've actually played pretty well in the mid and up front, just missed key defenders.
  • Options
    they are the best team we've played by far.
  • Options
    all their injuries and they still play fast fluent football
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]they are the best team we've played by far.

Agreed
  • Options
    Don't think West Brom are that much better than us - They've had the rub of the green with the ref.

It's a setback, but one we can and will recover from.
  • Options
    forwards bdl that is the difference,Phillips sub and miller injured and bednar has caused us problems.We are aware we need stregthning lets hope it happens.
  • Options
    poor old powelly he knows he fecked up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep agree with that Steve.

We'll see what happens in January.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Don't think West Brom are that much better than us - They've had the rub of the green with the ref.

It's a setback, but one we can and will recover from.

I dont know. Some of their movement and wing play was PL class. Agree though. Its only a 4 point gap. Plenty of games left
  • Options
    They were good. We weren't bad - our defending is not good enough Steve, you are spot on. A knock back, but not the end of the world.
  • Options
    Well - we came off 2nd best with our 2nd best team.

we always looked likely for a point at every stage in the game until that Phillips goal 4 mins from the end.

But we couldn't defend those Brunt crosses and all game we looked weak in the air at centre back.

Our midfield is far too physically lightweight.

Losing Iwelumo meant we couldn't play our game plan - so 2nd half lost our shape.
    Reid caught in posession too often or forced up blind alleys.

But in truth we lost this match last week during the Ipswich game
    Losing Mills & Fortune left us completely exposed.
  • Options
    ZZ had a poor game IMO, but our undoing was of course at the back - only Semedo had a half decent game, the two CB's were all over the place, especially for Phillips goal & poor old CP was no match for Gera. Dissapointingly we didn't really do the same to their young LB who Thomas mugged for our opening goal - he was their weak spot & we didn't exploit it. Not too downhearted though, could easily have been a point if McLeod has connected with that ball when we were at 2-3.
  • Options
    remember oggy the amount of players they had missing,i think we have seen the best team in this league
  • Options
    Despite the loss there were still plenty of positives.

Thought Thomas look good when he got the ball. Holland was solid. Weaver made some good saves. ZZ played well in patches and looked a threat when we were 4-5-1. McLeod getting his 1st goal. I hope that spurs him on.

With Fortune, Mills, a LB, Sam, and hopefully Big Chris back we should look good.

Agree though. Need another CB and a Striker in Jan. Hope we can get Mifsud, cos I think him and Big Chris / Varney would pair well.
  • Options
    one plus point was varney and mccleod did ok together i think big chris may well need a couple of weeks
  • Options
    I should add that West Brom had a hunger out their today.

Our movement was slow & ponderous and we were closed down too easily, although credit to WBA for denying us space in midfield - we should have been doing that. We had pace up front but we never exploited that.

When we went 2-3 down, we should really have pressurised them.
    They were plenty of chinks in their armour at right back, centre back & keeper.

And if the ball is bouncing around in their area, you've every chance of getting a lucky break like WBA did for their 4th goal which killed off the game.
  • Options
    Fair point NS Steve but we were a bit disjointed today. Too many holes to patch & cracks to paper over.

Not meaning to just point out the things we could have done better - there were lots of positives too.

Mc Leod's movement was very good at times just wish he was a bit more agressive & decisive with his general end product. Still that's all about self-confidence so hopefully his goal today will help.
    I was really pleased for him that he scored!

JT played very well at times and his crossing was good. He could be a world beater if he gets his head straight.
    Maybe soon we'll see him take the game by the scruff of the neck?

Weaver is a great shot stopper - but my heart is in my mouth when he tries to take crosses.

And dear old Sir Chrissie - sure he was outjumped twice by a powerful striker but they were brilliant crosses.
    But he stuck to his game, good anticipation & in the right place at the right time, and still got forward when he could.

Feel we let a point slip today - that despite West Brom's good movement & desire, we just needed to up a gear, perhaps.