Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

poitives/negatives

i don't wanna post on other threads, because i don't want it to be seen that i'm agreeing or disagreeing with anyone, then to be tarred with the same brush, be it a name caller, negative poster, rose tinted spec wearer or plank!

nearly an hour after the game and heres how i saw it.

positives
i thought even though WBA outplayed us convincingly most of the game, we should take a positive to still be in the game until the 84th? minute.
mcloed getting his goal which will hopefully give him the confidence to progress.
jerome thomas giving good service with crosses.
varney made some good runs behind the full backs.
big chris continuing scoring.

negatives
our midfield (imo our strength) getting out-passed time and time again.
conceeding 2 goals from the same sort of attack (brunt cross to gera) after already being threatened with that combination. (that has really peeved me as it happened against burnley aswell)
losing big chris.
realising our squad maybe isn't as strong as i think.
on another day, if WBA had their shooting boots on they could've had another 4 or 5.

Comments

• Options
    But in truth we lost this match last week during the Ipswich game
    Losing Mills & Fortune left us completely exposed.
  • Options
    Positives, expected 4-0 and was pleased with 80% of our players.

Negatives, would settle for a play off place now if you offered it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]But in truth we lost this match last week during the Ipswich game
    Losing Mills & Fortune left us completely exposed.[/quote]

Would agree about Mills, but don't feel that Fortune would have made a difference. The problem today was our full backs, our centre backs did ok.
  • Options
    We lost the game through our full backs today, their 2nd and 3rd goals were two of a kind with the right back failing to prevent the initial cross and Chris Powell simply no longer good enough when defending under pressure.