Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

time for fortress valley

I now think lookin at the table that we need to make the valley a fortress,we have played WBA,STOKE,BRISTOL CITY,WOLVES away from home,if we win the home equivalent,we can go places but we have to start winning at home.

Comments

• Options
    Yep, noticed this when the fixtures came out, we play all the top sides away from home until we meet them at The Valley (Stoke, Wolves, Bristol City, West Brom, Watford, also we've played Coventry (good early season form) already been to tricky places like Southampton, Hull, Cardiff and the derby with Palace). If we can make our home form good then we should really kick on in the second half of this campaign. Anything we can pick up away from home is always a bonus.
  • Options
    excellent point, not really looked at it that way.
  • Options
    If we go into the new year in a top 4 position - and with a couple of good January buys - there won't be that many teams capable of beating us.

It's a good foundation.We might have lost today but it's still shaping to be a great season - and no reason why we can't win promotion. Need to get a settled defence again.

And as supporters, we must be looking forward to the best teams still to come to the Valley.
  • Options
    we lost todays battle but we could still win the war......
    i'm looking at todays defeat as a reversal of last year when we smashed west ham 4-0 but they went on to claim the real prize so west brom can have that victory and we'll take top spot !!! (in my dreams anyway)
  • Options
    We were outplayed today by the better team on the day, can be no doubt about that and fair play to West Brom.

But we're not at the stage of the season where there are 3 or 4 games left. This side may look pretty different in 3-4 months time, particularly in the centre of defence and up front.

I still fancy us to be up there at the end. At this stage of the season once, Newcastle dicked Man U 5-1and completely outplayed them.

Didn't mean anything at the end of the season though.
  • Options
    one problem with that is our impatient "fans". they got to get behind the team from the off. we know we can do it just don't do it enough
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]one problem with that is our impatient "fans". they got to get behind the team from the off. we know we can do it just don't do it enough

Agreed. We won the last home game though so hopefully we'll go into the Hull game with the right attitude.
  • Options
    come on you reds

every week, every game, till we die