Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jay Simpson sent off for Millwall

For two bookable offenses, the second apparently for over-celebrating his goal.

Is booking a player for over-celebrating a goal really justifiable, and not just a little petty minded? If the ref thinks he's wasting time, surely he can just add the wasted time on and warn the player in question? Thanks to the ref Millwall were reduced to ten men and go on to lose a match that they may well have gotten something out of? I know rules are rules, and it's the Spanners, but how would we feel if one of our players was sent off under such circumstances?

Comments

• Options
    You are correct but as you say it IS the Spanners......
  • Options
    tell you what's worse is the fact that the Oldham goal was scored by that filthy murdering bastard lee hughes
  • Options
    Its a bad bad rule the only time i think a player should get booked is if he goes up to the opposing fans and gives it large, which with certain clubs could cause unwanted trouble
  • Options
    There are worse things in the world than celebrating a goal, sometimes the authorities really do show little understanding of the relationship between fans and players.
  • Options
    A player dosen't always get booked/sent off for over celebrating.

Robin Van Persie anyone?

(Or even kicking opposing players off the ball.)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    Is booking a player for over-celebrating a goal really justifiable, and not just a little petty minded?

It is petty but not as petty as the ref who apparently booked Kasper Schmeichel of Cardiff for time wasting with a minute to go at the weeekend. They were 1-0 down at the time!!
  • Options
    nah players should be booked, look at when van nistelrooy jumped in the crowd at the valley couple years back, i think the steward broke his arm, they do it for a reason
  • Options
    The millwall fella tho, all he did was run over to the milllwallers in the upper east with raised arms! Apparently the ref was the worst ever! And buckshee your right about that slag hughes, he was lucky that spanner whjo ran on pitch didnt get hold of him! Millwall were undone by a poor ref!
  • Options
    I hate over officous refs, but this time I am prepared to overlook it.
  • Options
    couldn't have happened to a better club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    did the twonk who celebrated his penalty in front of the north stand the other week get booked??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]did the twonk who celebrated his penalty in front of the north stand the other week get booked??

prob not B, but that the point aint it, there is no consistency!