Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester away

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
The wife asked me this morning what I want to do on the 29th as its 50th birthday, A party, a meal in posh resturant, I`ve opted for an away day to the Savoury Snack Stadium, much to her disgust :) any ideas if there are trains on the day and where I travel from and to, not normally a train traveller but may have a drink or two.
cheers for your help.

Comments

• Options
    go from St Pancras in just over 2 hours, booking in advance you should get about £25 ret
  • Options
    Thanks for that ISLS, where would I book in advance? at a station or online? sorry to be a pest but normally drive to away games so this is all new to me :)
  • Options
    get yourself on www.thetrainline.co.uk

it's all fairly simple stuff, your best bet is to buy two singles but be careful, if you don't make your designated trains then they are invalid and you'll be forking out big money to pay on the day
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]go from St Pancras in just over 2 hours, booking in advance you should get about £25 ret

Journey time St Pancras to Leicester is normally about 1 1/4 hours. However there is engineering work - buses between St Pancras and Luton which will increase the journey to about 2 1/2 hours. I would actually recommend going out of Kings Cross on National Express East Coast and change at Peterborough (where journey times appear to be faster) though rebooking would be needed as Peterborough is not a valid route. Cheapest option appears to be getting the cheap day returns - London - Peterborough (FCC only), Peterborough - Oakham and Oakham to Leicester (all Peterborough to Leicester trains call at Oakham)
  • Options
    cant you do city thameslink train from london through to luton then pick up the train?