Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

on the subject of SIR CHRIS POWELL

which football games have you been to that you were in tears...
i went to see sir chris make his england team debut at villa park and got all emotional on myself and welled up with pride and shed a tear or two...
SIR ALAN CURBISHLEYS last game at old trafford i shed quite a few , thinking it would be the end of our successful years and unfortunately proved right so far...
didn't in last game at the valley against stoke cos didn't think we'd be gone forever and too young to worry
didn't at play off finals , too busy legging it out the ground at st.andrews and totally drained after the sunderland fixture

Comments

• Options
    you big girl...

;)
  • Options
    I'll shed a tear when you get to an away game
  • Options
    big game fan....
  • Options
    I was in tears at my 5-a-side match last week if that counts - it was due to having the ball kicked into my nuts from close range
  • Options
    Probably 1972, lost to Millwall and Blackpool last 2 games of season and relegated to 3rd division.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Probably 1972, lost to Millwall and Blackpool last 2 games of season and relegated to 3rd division.

I remember the Millwall match. I was only 13 at the time. It all kicked off in the covered end and the Millwall charge was led by some bloke in satin jacket, velvet loon pants and platform shoes. He looked like he'd come straight from the set of TOTP.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Probably 1972, lost to Millwall and Blackpool last 2 games of season and relegated to 3rd division.

I remember the Millwall match. I was only 13 at the time. It all kicked off in the covered end and the Millwall charge was led by some bloke in satin jacket, velvet loon pants and platform shoes. He looked like he'd come straight from the set of TOTP.

lol yeah, I remember him, but some of our lot weren't dressed much better
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I remember that was an empty feeling, gut wrenching long trip back from Blackpool. We needed a point to stay up, I think - and limply folded 5-0

My first ever relegation.