Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Big Question from Saturday is....

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
THE SHORTS

What happened there?

Real reason we lost FACT

Comments

• Options
    yeah I was amazed by that. Surely we took two kits with us - or the kit man idid his homework.
  • Options
    i'm sure this happened to us for a telly game about ten years ago as well, or am i going mad /
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] or am i going mad /

Which one of you is that asking the question? :- )

We shamefully wore a Palace kit at Selhurst pre-ground share. Pastel blue with that stupid diagonal stripe. I may vomit.
  • Options
    We took just our White shorts apparently. Don't think it's anything to do with TV requirements, more like CCC following the Prem's lead for no colour clash anywhere.

When I was a lad (!), both teams often wore the same colour shorts - only the shirt colour changed.

But I reckon Henry is right.

Real reason we lost FACT :o)
  • Options
    Thought the kit looked quite smart with the shorts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Thought the kit looked quite smart with the shorts.
    Bet you think Riscardo looks "smart" as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Thought the kit looked quite smart with the shorts.

Red and Blue!!! Wash your mouth out, young man.
  • Options
    Better if they were black of course.

Yeah WSS I do
  • Options
    Heard that the shorts had extra strong starch in them to restrict Charlton players ability to chase and leap. Varney to lodge complaint with FA.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Heard that the shorts had extra strong starch in them to restrict Charlton players ability to chase and leap. Varney to lodge complaint with FA.

It was a conspiracy I tell you. ; - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought this a bit strange as the ref at Cardiff seemed happy enough with both sides wearing white shorts. When i was refereeing we always said socks were more important to see whos leg the ball came off through a ruck of players or when two players were sliding for the ball.
  • Options
    Yer but if your colour blind as most refs are your buggered!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i'm sure this happened to us for a telly game about ten years ago as well, or am i going mad /[/quote]

Yes we did wear Palarse kit and we also wore Sheff Weds kit at Sheff Utd as we had FADS on our shirts in the days before the TV would allow to show shirt sponsorship.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]I thought this a bit strange as the ref at Cardiff seemed happy enough with both sides wearing white shorts. When i was refereeing we always said socks were more important to see whos leg the ball came off through a ruck of players or when two players were sliding for the ball.[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_183449 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]untitled.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Good spot, Stone.

I knew 2 teams could play with the same colour shorts when I was a mere stripling of a lad. I just didn't realise those days were only 2 weeks ago. ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    Bet you think Riscardo looks "smart" as well

Oi ... it's not smart it's "street"
  • Options
    It happened a few years ago with socks didnt it? Was it Southampton away?
  • Options
    yeah - 'orrible socks they lent us!