Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We should get Jorge Costa in as a defensive coach

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
I started a thread on this yesterday but it seemed to get sidetracked into being about past defenders.

I really think we need a top class defender to come in and show our players some proper defending skills - he would be one of the best sources for this. He is instantly respected, he knows every trick in the book and would surely be better than the defensive coaches we currently have.

What say ye oh wise Lifers!

Comments

• Options
    Agreed. If only...
  • Options
    would be a great help to the team
  • Options
    Deffo - or provide our defenders with some kind of sat nav to let them know where the oppo is and the man they should be marking!
  • Options
    Disagree.

A coach who temporarily doesn't speak the language at international level is one thing, on a day to day level i cannot see it working. Plus he has been a manager now, and wouldn't be interested in being a 'defensive coach'.

Bryan Robson was one of the best midfielders in the world. Doesn't make him a decent manager or coach, and there are hundreds of examples like that.
  • Options
    Talk about a huge step back for big Jorge as well. Manager of a team that played us off the park pre-season to Pards defensive coach all in the space of six months. No Chance!
  • Options
    It doesn't have to be a permanent appointment.

Costa doesn't appear to be working at the mo, so may be glad of a month's work or until end of season when they would perhaps be another management opening for him.

He may be glad to work, gain the experience and be paid, if he's got a family to feed.

He spent half a season with us before - so he'll have enough football lingo to get by.
  • Options
    And we already have the Alexander Song lookalike translator for Semedo so we might as well get good value for money out of him.

It makes sense to me