Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goonerhater - re your question on Coveredend

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
i tried to reply to your post but it wont let me. is sky trying to pull that site downs?

Yes there is a sign up inside the oak saying if you dont like how the pub is run drink elsewhere. its outrageous. apparently it is supposed to be aimed at one person who was moaning... but thats hard to pinpoint as everyone is moaning. I have not seen it myself yet as not been down but it has severely pissed every regular off...

i mean its not too much to ask to have some bloody beer in the taps and turn the heating on...

Comments

• Options
    Whats wrong with the Oak?...(haven't been in there in yonks)
  • Options
    its not what it was. okay for people on match day.
  • Options
    i suppose 90% of their business comes from matchday revenue but that is bang out of order putting a sign like that up - it would annoy me if i drunk in there regularly
  • Options
    Obviously don't drink in there on non-match days, but what's so wrong with the place that people are moaning?
  • Options
    i'm assuming that its freezing cold and they are always out of beer Andrew...
  • Options
    The Rose of Denmark is welcoming on a match day!!
  • Options
    They've totally ruined a great little boozer.

It was always uncomfortable but it was good fun.

As soon as they got rid of Sonya and Lisa they might as well as shut the doors.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i'm assuming that its freezing cold and they are always out of beer Andrew...

Out of beer? Seriously? Now I can understand the moaning... but cold?
  • Options
    Tossers

we should organise a boycott.

too many things wrong since the new mob took over especially the fact that they added the new area (the 1905 lounge) yet didn't have the brains to put a door in it so there's no need to negotiate the bottleneck. Well maybe that's not strictly true , they put a fire exit door in but don't open that.
  • Options
    Talking of pubs anyone know why the horse and groom has been shut lately? it's owned by the same people as the Oak i have heard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i heard last night that they are going to turn the horse in to flats,bloody mad if you ask me,i think it could be a good pub if someone could give it a go,you could make a fortune on match days,seems a shame as not that many pubs in the area for match days and the Horse was always packed
  • Options
    strange as it's only just been done up!
  • Options
    The Oak, if run right on Match days, should make enough money to cover the quiet days during the week.

Maybe Rothko could run some quiz nights?
  • Options
    Not sure how true but is it the same owner of the Oak & H&G as some one said the last 2 home games they could not get enough staff to open both.
    If so what a complete shambles
  • Options
    They had beer in the Oak last night
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Obviously don't drink in there on non-match days, but what's so wrong with the place that people are moaning?

don't ever dig me out again for a thick comment cos this one is right up there with some of mine. LOL
  • Options
    the same people took the horse over while the oak was shut but have now handed the keys back. allegedly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Obviously don't drink in there on non-match days, but what's so wrong with the place that people are moaning?

don't ever dig me out again for a thick comment cos this one is right up there with some of mine. LOL

What's thick about that? Never had a problem in there on a matchday! Yes, the service isn't all that quick, but which matchday pub is?

Now jog on Arf ;-)
  • Options
    its a bit thick because in my original post i say that there is no beer in the taps and no heating. thats why people are moaning...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]its a bit thick because in my original post i say that there is no beer in the taps and no heating. thats why people are moaning...

Missed that bit on the end, and have just seen Westside sarky comments too, which have been noted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol THANKS CURB IT

Gotcha Medders -- he he sweet - i knew if I waited long my time would come.

All the best

Love Arf
  • Options
    That the best you can do Arf?!?!? I've got years worth on you sunshine!!! ;-)
  • Options
    not a problem 1 is enough - those in glass houses and all that
  • Options
    Ignore him Arf. What does an eggchaser fan/ Charlton deserter know anyway?
  • Options
    I'm sitting waiting to hear why I'm the quiz master?