Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Weller's Desert Island Discs

For those of you interested in the grumpy old sod he was on Desert Island Discs at the weekend (repeated this Friday morning on radio 4) and this is what he picked.

1. Tin Soldier - Small Faces

2. September In The Rain - Dinah Washington

3. Better Get Hit In Yo’ Soul - Charles Mingus

4. Don’t Be A Drop Out - James Brown

5. Arabesque No 1 - Debussy

6. Galileo (Someone Like You) - Declan O’Rourke

7. River Man - Nick Drake

8. That’s Enough - Roscoe

Record: Tin Soldier
Book: Absolute Beginners by Colin MacInnes
Luxury Item: A settee to sit on

Comments

• Yeah I listened to that. He actually came across as not too much of a twat (as he has deliberately during the last couple of years, as his standard of music has plummeted (imo)).

He'll always be a legend tho to me - anyone who comes out with such an amount of amazing music over his carreer has to be, mid-life crisis, or no mid-life crisis!
  • I'm going to see The Jam at Brighton tomorrow. Foxton & Buckler have got together with a guy who was a weller tribute act. Seen a few clips on youtube and read a couple of reviews and they sound pretty good.
  • edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]I'm going to see The Jam at Brighton tomorrow. Foxton & Buckler have got together with a guy who was a weller tribute act. Seen a few clips on youtube and read a couple of reviews and they sound pretty good.

I saw the Jam many years back when Weller was still with them on 3 or 4 occasions. I remember a particularly memorable gig at Croydon Greyhound when the aircon went, it was sweltering normally at a Jam gig but that was even worse.

Brilliant live band, one of the best, be interesting to hear how they are without Weller.