Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew may withdraw Dickson from Jills game tonight

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
"There are doubts about the fitness of our top-scorer Chris Iwelumo while Luke Varney is ill. So there is a chance that I will take him out of Gillingham's match against Brighton.

"He has an ankle injury which concerns me.

If he plays against Brighton tonight and the injury gets worse, then that's another striker that we've lost.

"I know that Gillingham are talking about extending Chris's loan, but that won't be possible."

from the KM

Comments

• Options
    Could be irrelevant if he makes the Ghana squad, as we'd lose him anyway
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]Could be irrelevant if he makes the Ghana squad, as we'd lose him anyway

I would hope that if he makes the squad he thinks a little bit and realises that it might be in his best interests to drop out and help the club that pulled him out of non-league when they need him.
  • Options
    Im not sure football players and their agents think along those lines.

More likely get some recognition on a bigger stage and then where can my career go from here!

If he did OK might help CAFC coffers in the long run.
  • Options
    There was a live interview with Dickson on a Ghanaian football site the other day, it's here if you want to read it.

http://ghanasoccernet.com/index.php/Nations-Cup/Dickson-LIVE-on-Ghanasoccernet-now.html
  • Options
    I have a hunch Dickson may play for us tomorrow or at least be in the squad.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    My Jills mate reckons he has been withdrawn from their squad for tonight.

D I C K O

A star is born at Christmas maybe ??
  • Options
    Now confirmed on the Jills website.

Whether it's to play him tomorrow or protect him from damaging his foot any further, will become clearer tomorrow at about 2:30pm.
  • Options
    I am going to have a massive grin on my boat when we start doing the Dicko songs. A bit moist even
  • Options
    From the interview:

Amoah in Germany asks: Is is true that you have been asked by Charlton to return on Friday?

CD: It is true that my loan stint with Gillingham expires on Friday and I will be available for selection for Charlton on Saturday.

So it appears definite that he's coming back.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I am going to have a massive grin on my boat when we start doing the Dicko songs. A bit moist even
    The one reason i want him to be a failure. ;-)

"Dicko you c**t, f**k off back to Medway where you came from"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]Could be irrelevant if he makes the Ghana squad, as we'd lose him anyway

I would hope that if he makes the squad he thinks a little bit and realises that it might be in his best interests to drop out and help the club that pulled him out of non-league when they need him.

He's been selected for a 40 man squad, that doesn't mean that he'll make the final party which is 22 or 23 players. I can't believe that Ghana don't have several other strikers with more experience ahead of him, after all he's currently playing third tier football and has only been a full time pro for around 9 months with a dozen or so games under his belt, none of which have been in the CCC let alone Premiership. I'm presuming this call-up is to give him some experience and allow the trainers etc in Ghana to have a closer look at him for the future. But then again I remember Theo Walcott getting called up for England's last WC squad without having played in the Premiership...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I am going to have a massive grin on my boat when we start doing the Dicko songs. A bit moist even
    The one reason i want him to be a failure. ;-)

"Dicko you c**t, f**k off back to Medway where you came from"

Very good haha
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]

He may not have a choice, international regs mean that he has to report if he is chosen during specific international periods, which the African Cup would be and then they would assess him, if we had claimed he was injured. Someone either in the top european or even the Prem dropped out and was not allowed to play for his club during the period when he would have played for the international team.