Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is anybody else......

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
Instead of being overly worried about the injury situation, more looking forward to seeing players like Dickson, Racon, possibly Wright being given a chance to show what they can do ??

Comments

• I'm a bit of both actually, worried that we haven't got enough fit players to get us through the festive period, but, I am excited about seeing Racon - for me, he is a top player!
  • absolutely,this is possibly the best opportunity for some time to let the youngsters loose.come on pardew.
  • Yes and no.

I am and I'm not too down about all the injuries but it's a real shame as I thought we were just starting to get close to knowing what our best eleven is and that we may be able to have a more settled side for the second half of the season - that doesn't look too likely now and it's going to make things difficult.

Like you say though I am looking forward to seeing these players and confident that at least one of them will prove to be a real unexpected bonus - not sure which one though!
  • Yes, without a doubt. Arter and Wright as well as Racon who I've seen a bit of, Dickson because I think he will become a legend here and Paddy is due another chance
  • I'm looking forward to seeing how good the squad is, whether it's Wright, Dicko, Arter or Rocky

BRING IT ON
  • I'm excited yes, to see a bunch of lads hopefully come out hungry to prove themselves.
  • Yep, really looking forward to seeing the youngsters.

Arsenal fans are very fortunate in that they see their younger players every year in the Carling Cup.
  • [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]I'm excited yes, to see a bunch of lads hopefully come out hungry to prove themselves.

That's how I feel - they have a lot to prove and hopefully want to take their chances - I'm looking forward to it.
  • yes, looking forward to seeing the 'stiffs' stake a claim. Izzy deserves a chance but just hope the idiots amongst our fans actually give him a fair crack of the whip.

I'm not actually sure that we will miss Reidy as much as some think. Too much of our play goes through him and I feel that sometimes stifles the creative impact of the likes of ZZ, Ambrose and Thomas. A midfield including Racon and,when fit again,ZZ may give us more creativity than if we were just relying on Reidy with ZZ more withdrawn. Plus we may score more from midfield, most of Reidy's have been pens and his free kick's are normally pretty poor.
  • I know where you're coming from there about Reidy, Large
  • Sponsored links:

• I wondered the same Large. We might end up with the team looking a bit more balanced if Reid's out. We'll miss him, he adds quality and I'd rather have him in the team than not but on the upside I think the team as a whole may just look more balanced without him.
  • There's a freezing fog coming down in the Welling/Bexleyheath area at the moment - could be a very hard pitch tomorrow!
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]yes, looking forward to seeing the 'stiffs' stake a claim. Izzy deserves a chance but just hope the idiots amongst our fans actually give him a fair crack of the whip.

I'm not actually sure that we will miss Reidy as much as some think. Too much of our play goes through him and I feel that sometimes stifles the creative impact of the likes of ZZ, Ambrose and Thomas. A midfield including Racon and,when fit again,ZZ may give us more creativity than if we were just relying on Reidy with ZZ more withdrawn. Plus we may score more from midfield, most of Reidy's have been pens and his free kick's are normally pretty poor.

Interesting point - I agree with PITL and would rather have Reidy than not, but we should see a very different approach tomorrow.
  • [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]I'm excited yes, to see a bunch of lads hopefully come out hungry to prove themselves.

Make you right. Going to be different and I hope that Pardew has a big headache on who to pick in a few games time as we've won our games and the kids have shone.
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Yep, really looking forward to seeing the youngsters.

Arsenal fans are very fortunate in that they see their younger players every year in the Carling Cup.

What's a Carling Cup?
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]There's a freezing fog coming down in the Welling/Bexleyheath area at the moment - could be a very hard pitch tomorrow!

Pitch was covered in front of the Jimmy Seed Stand this morning.
  • edited December 2007
    Very worried about the current injury/loan situation but who wouldn't be, but as an east stand valley golder it will give me an excellent opportunity to moan and whinge like f**k for 80 mins at someone different for a change :)

Should be a very interesting game...i'm really looking forward to it,shame windass is not playing though would have been interesting to see how long it took him b4 he elbowed someone...i think Jay-Jay Okocha is playing and also Nick Barmby.
  • edited December 2007
    Just beat hull for ffs
  • don't think Pards will risk the youngsters against Hull. they are a big physical side in the mould of Stoke who will come and kick lumps out of us. He might stick one or 2 ont he bench but deffo won't start them IMO.
  • can't be any worse than what Wright was getting in the 4th division with Barnet, surely ?
  • i was beginning to think we'd walk into the minimum of the play offs and maybe automatic promotion but now i'm fearful of what will be coming into replace the injured players... would love for someone to thrust themselves forward as the next parker or rufus and think it's a great chance for the likes of mcleod to prove the doubters like me wrong but whoever comes in should receive our full support and backing in the ground..... leave the booing and slagging off to on here!!
  • it is very important to get behind the players tomorrow who ever they are as it is the season for good will to all men,slagging players off will get us no where,the 11 who put the famous red shirt on should pull us through to a victory
  • Sponsored links:

• Basey has started the ball rolling for the youngsters, lets hope a few come in and are as assured and impressive as he has been.