Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mills/The BBC report!!

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
"Danny Mills then received a red card for a blatant dive after an innocuous looking challenge from Caleb Folan."

What?!?! Where did they even get that from?!

Comments

• you can get a straight red for diving? news to me!
  • I'd have to agree with that. I was singing his praises yesterday for what he has done since he signed but he really embarassed himself today, and let us down. He got booked for dissent and then took a dive from a nothing challenge from where I was sitting and then jumped up, he should at least have stayed down and made it look like he was hurt. Saying that I thought Hughes was lucky to stay on aftger kicking out. Mills is a wind-up merchant, and I like that about him, but today he wound himself up and had to face the consequences.
  • But it wasn't an innocuous challenge from Folan. Folan and Mills tangled and Folan ended up wrestling Mills to the floor. The ref then went to speak to Mills (but not Folan?) then as the referee was walking away, Mills obviously said something worthy of a straight red.
  • edited December 2007
    i'm not angry with danny i'm disappointed as he today let us down and most of all let himself down

i know it must be hard getting singled out and wound up and abused every game but you just knew he was a ticking timebomb today and it's a real shame, one wind-up too many danny

nothing taken away from him though, might well be his last game in a red shirt and his effort and commitment needs to be applauded. he's had to make a lot of family sacrifices to come down here and has done a sterling job, taken everything by the scruff of the neck and got a great rapport with the fans

not the brightest thing you've ever done today but when you play on the edge overdoing it is always on the horizon. still will be well-respected, just a shame a bloke with such a mature football mind in a technical sense is prone to such childish stuff.
  • I don't think it was a straight red he got booked early in the 2nd half for dissent along with their striker campbell didn't he?
  • straight red for abusive language, there was no second yellow
  • It seemed fairly obvious from the first minute today that Mills was looking for a nice easy christmas break where he has no football comitments to get in the way of his cardboard "eastenders extra" style acting.
    I will be the first to admit that he has been exactly what we have needed and still need but he was a complete joke today.
    Anyone that has played with me knows i "may" be prone to a bit of red mist myself :o) but that performance was ridiculous. I am all up for a tough physical player but to dive around holding face,arm,leg or whatever you can get hold of is a joke.
    Ok hughes did kick out for the one just on half time but come on, that reaction.......
    I would love to thank you for all you did Danny but you have left me feeling totaly let down buy a player i have argued the case for, so i say goodbye to your Charlton career with just one word.....MUG!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • just checked the O/S- Straight red.. Madness!

Anyway- i'm normally a happy chappy and look at everything through red and white glasses, but today was shocking!

No ideas- a defence that is less effective than a sponge trying to stop a tidal wave- a midfield that was non existant and an attack that was less threatening than a kitten against a rottweiler.

But worst of all- Danny Mills- i'm not for booing our own but his actions smacked of someone who fancied a Xmas at home up north with the kids rather than on the training pitch at Sparrows Lane. He's been fantastic at times for us but today he showed his professionalism- ie it's only a job..
  • edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]i'm not angry with danny

I am.

Let his team mates, the manager who he spoke so highly of, and the paying public down today. A tight drab game which we still could of won, yet he saw that didn't happen.

He's a decent pantomine villian Mills, but the same joke repeated too often loses its laughter. The novelty factor has worn off, and i'm sick of the amount of bookings and sending off we are picking up for the most innocuous of reasons.
  • I agree AFKA he was diving around all game, and constantly berating the ref, I think everyone had enough of him by the time he got sent off. I appreciate what he's done up to this game, but what an idiot, maybe that's why his England career and Premiership career tailed off at a young age, can't be trusted. Shame, talented player.

Can't understand why he got clapped off, thought we were getting on top at that point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sky gave it as a straight red for Foul and Abusive language
  • Thought he was an idiot.

The incident at the end of the first half was embarrassing enough, but to then fall over like he had been seriously assaulted, and get up a few seconds later, was even worse.

Hadn't even thought of the 'easy Christmas' scenario - and would certainly hope that it had nothing to do with it - but he was a red card waiting to happen today and he then obviously gave the ref the perfect reason to deliver it.
  • I'd love to be able to argue here as I think the man has been a hero for us since he came back but I said to Ketters and Carlsberg he was aching for a red card today and duly got a very embarassing one too. I've been sent off once or twice but have never and would never dream of gobbing a referee off as they have a habit of sending you off when you do that.

We look in a bit of bother defensively now don't we?
  • [cite]Posted By: Nug[/cite]I agree AFKA he was diving around all game, and constantly berating the ref, I think everyone had enough of him by the time he got sent off. I appreciate what he's done up to this game, but what an idiot, maybe that's why his England career and Premiership career tailed off at a young age, can't be trusted. Shame, talented player.

Can't understand why he got clapped off, thought we were getting on top at that point.

He got clapped off because he has almost certainly played his last game in a Charlton shirt.

He was an a***hole today right enough but overall he has done an excellent job for us and that is what I for one was applauding.
  • He let everyone down yesterday.
    The thing was he was having a running battle all through the game with Hughes FFS.
  • the bloke was a knob ,just as he was against burnley when he gave away that needless penalty when he had a running battle with lafferty .
    he'd be brilliant to have if he had a brain and some self control but what he done was farcical and may have cost us some important points come the end of the season....
    he injected some much needed passion into the side when he arrived but his continuous play acting began to get a bit boring to the end and even tho he was doing it for us i think he's more of a wind up than savage , dickov or any other of the helmets you see in the oppostion and dislike
  • Danny has been our best player this season IMO, although he had a poor game against Burnley. I was absolutely gutted when he said he was returning to Man C.

However, I can only agree with everyone else re yesterday. It seemed that he did everything possible to gert himself sent off and when all else fails swear at the referee.

I honestly believe he did it on purpose, as now he has a lovely xmas at home with the family.

Shame on you Danny. You undid 3 months great work yesterday and you were a complete embarassment.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I honestly believe he did it on purpose, as now he has a lovely xmas at home with the family.

Shame on you Danny. You undid 3 months great work yesterday and you were a complete embarassment.

I can't believe that, I honestly feel he just over hypede himself for his last home game.
  • i don't think he is clever enough to have worked it out.

I simply believe he completely lost his team ethic. Its been brewing over the last 4 games, each game he's getting nearer and nearer the mark.

Maybe he'll learn now he's not above the law, but i doubt it. The stupid penalty, and needless booking that saw him banned for West Brom should of done that.

I know he did great when he first came in, but he's really p1ssed me off.