Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

That ref................................................grrrrrrrr

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
So its ok to kick Mills off the ball and just get a yellow card i.e Hughes on Mills. Straight after Phil Brown gave the ref a nice tap on the back.

So its ok to go straight through the back of Paddy Mccarthy who had an excellant game my i add and no red card no yellow card no free kick.

So its ok for Forlan to throw a punch on Mills like Fortune did against Ipswich. No red card for Forlan but a red card for Mills for dissent.

Lucky Blatter wearnt there the ref would have been struck off straight way.

No one can defend this ref can they ????

Comments

• Awful referee...cluless,no common sense whatsover..expect him to be on the premier list next season!
  • The lino waved his flag in the second half for thier winger diving, the ref gives us the free kick and doesn't book the bloke.
    I can't understand the hughes booking, what did he book him for? He couldn't of booked him for kicking as this should have been a red card.
  • edited December 2007
    Agree with Guinness about the Hughes yellow. I was not convinced that Hughes did kick Mills on purpose, although my mate next to me was adamant. However, he either did or he did not and the result had to be a red. No other option if the referee deemed that there had been an offence.
  • It was an awful game full stop. We think Hull were rough and over physical yet Phil Brown thinks we were play acting so there's two sides to the coin and of course our view is going to be biased. I have to admit I was embarrassed by much of Mills' behaviour (Folan DID not punch him merely grabbed Mills round the shoulders) and had no time for him when we was sent off. Couldn't believe people were cheering and clapping him off. On the flip side Hull had an undercurrent of being overly physical and obvious time wasting which an early yellow from the referee would have eradicated instead of it continuing throughout and only 6 minutes added on in the whole game.
  • The Hughes kick was right in front of me and he most definitely did kick Mills. If the referee recognised that then it should be a red. Inconsistant refereeing....again.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]The Hughes kick was right in front of me and he most definitely did kick Mills. If the referee recognised that then it should be a red. Inconsistant refereeing....again.

No you are wrong it is consistant, it is never a red against Charlton (Van Persie for example)
  • Kicking a player off the ball - and when the game already stopped, only one verdict:

RED!

And the referee bottled it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Kicking a player off the ball - and when the game already stopped, only one verdict:

RED!

And the referee bottled it.

Agreed.