Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I've got to say it

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
I bit my tongue a little last week when some of the more obsequious comments regarding danny Mills were posted but after Saturday I have got to say it. I would gladly drive him one way to any other club he wants to go to. His behaviour on saturday was outrageous, petulant, childish and not only did he let his team mates down then he has let them down for Wednesday and next Saturday. More importantly he let the Club and the supporters down If, as has been mooted, he had some form of preconceived idea to do that knowing he only had two games left here then it would make it even worse. How some people hold him in the stead they do is beyond me. He is no more than an average player earning more in a week than most in a year and if he cant be bothered to do that with some form of professional pride then he can stick his contract where the sun dont shine. I for one want Charlton players in Charlton shirts and this guy isnt fit enough to tie Matt Hollands boots in terms of endeavour and honesty yet most people here seem to rever him as some God. He wasnt wanted last time round and I for one dont want him this time round.

Comments

• always quite liked Danny myself.....but after saturdays showing I'm finding it hard not to agree with your post !
  • If you read the posts since Saturday Brunello, i think you'll find the condemnation unanimous.

People like Mills as a player because his style of play suggests he is noticeably giving his all, which people warm to.

But that Saturday was stupid and selfish. All players lose their heads occassionally in a moment of madness, but that appeared calculated, and had been building up to it over the last month.
  • earnt himself a nice little christmas break at home with the family...
  • [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]earnt himself a nice little christmas break at home with the family...
    exactly what i said to those around me. it seemed like he had a agenda from the start - i hope thats not true but hey it saves him travelling back down south or to Norwich and/or Leceister
  • If I was Pardew I would make him train and travel with the rest of the squad
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]If I was Pardew I would make him train and travel with the rest of the squad
    And if i was Mills i'd tell you to f*ck off!
  • And if I were Pardew I wouldnt waste a phone call to Mills.
    Draw a line and move on.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]If I was Pardew I would make him train and travel with the rest of the squad
    And if i was Mills i'd tell you to f*ck off!

Someones tired!!

Did you see the picture of Gumbo and his handiwork in the Antigallican?
  • i would make him train over the xmas period, selfish fool
  • edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]i would make him train over the xmas period, selfish fool

He tells Pards to f=ck off, then what? Pards threatens to drop him?

Sadly there is nothing the club can do to punish Mills apart from perhaps fine him a weeks wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Agree with Brunello's comparison between Mills and Holland, as I was thinking the same thing as Holland had to switch to right back on Saturday.

Some will say that Mills' blood and thunder approach demonstrates his 'commitment', but I doubt anyone had given him a second thought when Moo2 started the season so well.

Others, like Holland, get on with it in their own way and even when not playing that well, don't hide and still show for the ball etc, and will acknowledge the fans at the end of the game.
  • If the rumours are correct that Mills is on his way back to Man City are true then its equally likely that his next stop after that will be on-loan or a permanent transfer to a.n.other club, either at the bottom of the Prem or in the CCC. Going with a red card and a suspension is hardly likely to endear himself to his new employees - am I right in thinking that the fine for a third red in a season is a five game suspension? That alone might make one or two teams back off a little, a struggling team can hardly afford to lose a player for that length of time. As for him doing it deliberately, well maybe, but I imagine the fine that'll be imposed on him will mean that we save most of his wages over these next two matches.

Getting redcarded on Saturday was foolish and petulant, particularly when it was for dissent, but I don't think Mills did it deliberately, that's just the player he is and opposing managers know that he's the type who's likely to self-combust when needled and they get their teams to play to that, and too often it works. At 29, he still has a lot of football left in him, but there can't be that many teams in either the Premiership or CCC that can afford his current wages and will be reluctant to take pn his reputation.
  • Pardew: "Recent events haven't gone in his favour. I don't want to disclose to you what my decision is but I'm going to have to look at the whole scenario because it's very, very important we get it right in this window,"