Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Players Coming In

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
If we could only bring in one player, what position would you want to strengthen. Assumptions - Mills goes and Sodje stays.

My vote would be for an experienced, but not over the top striker. Although none of us have confidence in our defence we are one of the best defences in the division. Our problems stem from a lack of goals and too much pressure on iwelumo. Neither Varney or McCleod have fired, Dickson is a potential but too much of a risk to rely on.

Comments

• Totally agree. Even if it is only on short term contract. If someone can hit the floor running and score 10 goals it would make all the difference to us.
  • Yes, buy a striker, play 442 and stop hoofing it up to big chris because we really don't need to resort to that.
  • edited December 2007
    defensively we are alright we don't concede loads do we. if we were getting done 3-0 every week that would be different.

we definitely need a striker and a midfielder to replace reid when he goes to sunderland - don't believe a word of this injury - i stand to be corrected of course.

it's no good us buying a mclean from peterbrough cos too many of fickle fans will get on his back as soon as he misses a chance lol.

Plenty of striKErs sitting on the bench in the PL.

You can't say Varney's has not elivered he's been in and out of the team too much for no fault of his own and has still scored 4 or 5
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]defensively we are alright we don't concede loads do we. if we were getting done 3-0 every week that would be different.

we definitely need a striker and a midfielder to replace reid when he goes to sunderland - don't believe a word of this injury - i stand to be corrected of course.

it's no good us buying a mclean from peterbrough cos too many of fickle fans will get on his back as soon as he misses a chance lol.

Plenty of striekrs sitting on the bench in the PL.

I think the same as you Ledge, got a nasty feeling he will be joing Keane on Wearside.
  • If Reid did go how much would be the 'right' price for him?
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]defensively we are alright we don't concede loads do we

really??

4 against west brom, 3 against burnley and shef utd, 2 against a few others and when our last home clean sheet was the beginning of november

we shouldn't be needing to score 2 or 3 goals to win games, one will do if we get the defending right
  • Saw Reidy going into the west stand hoberling before the Hull game.
  • I think we need a solid athletic centre midfielder, who can break up play for the oppostion, win the ball in the air and command the centre of the park. I think that is the one thing we are massively lacking and would therefore allow our flair players to be just that. We are forced to play 5 in the middle to try to compensate leaving us short up front and forcing the wrong type of game (ie hoofed to big chris) and we still dont even command the middle of the park with 5 in there.

Control the middle and the rest will follow.
  • [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]I think we need a solid athletic centre midfielder, who can break up play for the oppostion, win the ball in the air and command the centre of the park. I think that is the one thing we are massively lacking and would therefore allow our flair players to be just that.
    Is Steven Gerrard available?!
  • edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Saw Reidy going into the west stand hoberling before the Hull game.

sat right in by the lounge near me - no way he's going, he won't be fit enough to leave in january even if he wanted to
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah, I reckon we need Darren Bent and Scott Parker. :-)
  • I think we need a striker who can hold the ball up/play just behind Big Chris (Todorov was doing this before his injury).

I think we need an athletic box to box midfielder.

We could do with another Right Back, even if Mills stayed.

I did think we needed another commanding Centre Back, even if Sodje stayed but I was impressed with Paddy yesterday so I think we are covered there.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I think we need a striker who can hold the ball up/play just behind Big Chris (Todorov was doing this before his injury).

I think we need an athletic box to box midfielder.

We could do with another Right Back, even if Mills stayed.

I did think we needed another commanding Centre Back, even if Sodje stayed but I was impressed with Paddy yesterday so I think we are covered there.[/quote]

Rooney, Gerrard, Micah Richards and John Terry do ya Bing?
  • Gravesen?? Song??

If we are sold a crock about Reid I probably won't renew next season - so we better go up automatically. (i don't believe we will be though)

:)R
  • Don't sit on the fence mate, tell it like it is ;-)