Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fixed speed cameras

2»

Comments

• Options
    Medders didn't get a 14 day notification so didn't receive a fine thankfully. It has had a salutary effect on my driving though.

Leroy Ambrose where in Northants did you get caught? I can understand your frustrations as many friends have had the same problem living in Northants
  • Options
    Latimer - Just outside Kettering on the A509
  • Options
    FAO Bexleyheath Red.

Usually if they don't flash you're ok - if they do you still might get away with it as they may be either out of film (not digital ones though) or not loaded. The law states that a NOIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) needs to be dated no more than 14 days after the incident and you have to receive it shortly afterwards, ie if you havn't heard anything after 3 weeks...........yipee.

I should know - I have totted up a total of 18 points over the last 10 years and have been flashed more regularly than george michael on hampstead Heath - not something I a proud of but i do 25,000 miles a year round e/s london and kent that has more cameras than I'v ehad hot dinners (and anyone who knows me, thats a lot of hot diners)
  • Options
    has anyone seen (or not seen the camera) on the way to charlton on the a2, just before the big railway bridge, just before you come off the a2 to go towards kidbrook

there is an indetation in the wall (i.e the wall goes in for a space for cars to pull over) an there is a camera in there, and they say they dont hide them....

although, it shouldnt matter if you are not breaking the limit
  • Options
    I know it percy........never seen it flash though. If I ever get caught by it I would stand my ground and go to court. the law says that they must be visible etc etc.......can't see that one until you are level with it.
  • Options
    My heart bleeds for the poor persecuted law-breakers amongst you.

Pathetic.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The one on the A2 is clearly visible & the 10% +/- thing is a load of tosh. Double/single flash is also. The old Gatso cameras are not digital, so if they flash you & are out of film they lucky you. The flashes depend on speed your going & you should notice that they are not measured from the start of the lines to the end. If your gonna be flashed, u will be half way down. The ones that get you going towards are digital, so don't speed :oP Average speed limit ones on the M25 for example are great, go as fast as u want, change lanes and they wont get ya. Providing you do it in time.

Also, not 100% but the notification is 6months? Not 14day?
  • Options
    sorry polo - def 14 days.
  • Options
    Why you apologising Golfie? Just wasn't sure on that bit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]My heart bleeds for the poor persecuted law-breakers amongst you.

Pathetic.
    Ordinarily I'd agree with you.

However, I've got mates who drive like absolute a***holes constantly and have done for years without getting a ticket. I'm a reasonably good driver - careful, courteous most of the time and have never driven dangerously (a product of not learning until I was a little older than many of my friends) yet now have three points on my license for something that isn't even remotely fair, and have to pay an extra 150 quid a year for my car insurance. Its things like that which get on peoples' nerves - not fines issued to drivers who are doing 50 in urban areas, not habitual speeders totting up points because they simply can't or won't slow down and certainly not cameras designed to save lives.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

But not when it's you gettng done, eh Leroy?
    ;o)

Not having a pop at you in particular, it's just that this whole argument is a non-issue really. If you don't like the consequences then don't do it. Easy really.

I haven't been done for murder because I don't go around killing people - even though others do and "get away with it". You get where I'm coming from?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

But not when it's you gettng done, eh Leroy?
    LOL - i asked for that! :)

I do understand where you're coming from, and, like I say, ordinarily I'd have no problem with it. Believe me, although I'm seething over it, I know I don't have a leg to stand on - which is why I never bothered appealing against it. I'm just making the point that there are people out there literally getting away with it - over and over again in some cases (like the bloke I read about a few weeks back who has been caught on speed cameras over and over again but never been banned - something like 80 separate offences over four years) whilst I get stung by something that is obviously only designed to make money. Its enough to make you start reading the Daily Mail!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]The one on the A2 is clearly visible & the 10% +/- thing is a load of tosh. Double/single flash is also. The old Gatso cameras are not digital, so if they flash you & are out of film they lucky you. The flashes depend on speed your going & you should notice that they are not measured from the start of the lines to the end. If your gonna be flashed, u will be half way down. The ones that get you going towards are digital, so don't speed :oP Average speed limit ones on the M25 for example are great, go as fast as u want, change lanes and they wont get ya. Providing you do it in time.

Also, not 100% but the notification is 6months? Not 14day?

The only speedo that is calibrated are in police patrol cars and everyone else reading +/- 10%. If you get stopped by a panda car and they say you are going just over the limit and you go to court, there will be no case to answer.